San Diego question

Pooh's Pixie

<font color=royalblue>The joy I get seeing those l
I posted on the CB and the SoCal board but someone suggested I try you guys since you are the Cali experts and this board gets action.

I am thinking of going to San Diego in the spring, and I am looking for hotel recommendations for my family of 5. Preferably somewhere that has some suites-type accomodation...we don't cram well into a hotel room!

Anyone know Pacific Terrace (kinda pricey but looks nice and on the beach!) or Paradise Point (bad reviews on Tripadvisor but looks kinda cool). Any other advice is appreciated.

We will do Legoland, the Zoo, SeaWorld, and maybe (if time) a day at DL to get a fix...

I posted on the CB and the SoCal board but someone suggested I try you guys since you are the Cali experts and this board gets action.

I am thinking of going to San Diego in the spring, and I am looking for hotel recommendations for my family of 5. Preferably somewhere that has some suites-type accomodation...we don't cram well into a hotel room!

Anyone know Pacific Terrace (kinda pricey but looks nice and on the beach!) or Paradise Point (bad reviews on Tripadvisor but looks kinda cool). Any other advice is appreciated.

We will do Legoland, the Zoo, SeaWorld, and maybe (if time) a day at DL to get a fix...

We are already trying to plan a trip to Disneyland for next year and are totally overwhelmed since we are WDW veterans.

Anyhow....I have been reading alot of reviews online of different hotels in San Diego. I found the Bay Club Marina to have lots of great reviews and they also offer a full breakfast. I am not sure about suites though.

Go Pats!!!

PS - My son has the same Red Sox shirt!

Also check out Embassy Suites in Downtown. It's right next to their Seaport Village.

We stayed at the resident's inn when we were there 3 years ago. Breakfast like similar to Embassy Suites and "manager" specials at night = pizza supper one night, grill out the next. Good directions to/from all destinations. We liked it, but we got it as a reward for refinancing our house.

Go Pats!!!

PS - My son has the same Red Sox shirt!

Doesn't everyone in Massachusetts have one of those Red Sox shirts!?! It's like a uniform!

I agree, go Patriots!!! I hope it is an exciting game! BTW, my DH is from Rochester...right near Lakeville!

Rochester is a beautiful town. Doesnt have much in the way of shopping, but they are in the process of adding a number of stores in Wareham.

I hope its an exciting game too, not too exciting, would love for the Pats to make history!

I posted an answer to a similar question on the SoCal Board, but while the question was more area-specific in San Diego, the information may interest you as well:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=22797014&postcount=3

The area I'm referring to above is freeway close and centrally located to tourist areas (10 minutes to Sea World, 20 minutes to Zoo, airport and Downtown areas, 30 minutes to Legoland, 30 minutes to Wild Animal Park, 5 minutes to La Jolla and beach areas, 1 1/2 hours to DL). If you don't mind the drive, this may be something to consider.

You might also want to check out this website:

http://www.localwally.com/

Good luck in your search. :)

Edited to add: Paradise Point...DH and I had our wedding reception there. A bit pricey, but right on the bay and very close to the Mission Beach and Sea World. The rooms are like mini bungalows/suites and some of them are right by the water. I haven't stayed there in several years, so I can't tell you its current state, but from what I remember, it was very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter