• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

San Angel or La Hacienda

KimBean

DIS Veteran
Only looking at these as a back up to my original plans of Biergarten because it is oddly booked up. My ADR days is Wednesday.

Pros and Cons of each? I've been to San Angel but over 10 years ago. Never been to La Hacienda.

There's something about sitting inside the Mexico pavilion under the pyramid that will never get old. I don't think La Hacienda can compete. The food at San Angel is really good too.

We liked San Angel Inn due to the ambiance of being inside the Mexican pavillion, looking out on the water & volcano. The food was good, too. But the primary draw was the ambiance.

I think the food at La Hacienda is much better than San Angel. And if you are lucky you might get a window seat where you can see Illuminations.

We ate at San Angel this trip and we loved the ambience and the food was pretty good too.

We just had la hacienda and all of the food was great. San angel was just too dark inside for our liking.

May I jump on this thread with a question? Can you see/hear illuminations from both of these venues or is one better for fireworks viewing than the other?

I liked the food and atmosphere at San Angel, and the service was friendly and efficient.

I have been to La Hacienda twice. I did like the food, but I really didn't like the service. Not friendly at all, hard to flag anyone down, and a couple dishes were delivered cool. Almost felt like the servers were mad at us for being there.

Therefore I vote for San Angel.

I've eaten at both. La Hacienda has decent food, but its very chaotic and loud. I've never had a server who was bad, and I've never had a server who was better than adequate.

San Angel has a really unique and special feel that you're just not going to get anywhere else. The food is solid to good, but honestly, I've eaten off their app menu for years as they are huge and delicious.

Both have yummy drinks, so you'll be ok either way:)

Only looking at these as a back up to my original plans of Biergarten because it is oddly booked up. My ADR days is Wednesday.

Pros and Cons of each? I've been to San Angel but over 10 years ago. Never been to La Hacienda.
San Angel, for sure. I was not at all impressed with La Hacienda, and I'm not hard to impress. San Angel was delicious and so fun to be in!

I'm going with there is probably a marginal difference in the food and San Angel has all the ambiance, so San Angel it is! Thank you so much everyone.

Don't forget that *both* locations are run by San Angel. I was very when La Hacienda opened in 2010 that it inspired their cousin across the walkway to improve their service, after several years of less-than-stellar reviews.

Personally, La Hacienda has been my favorite Epcot restaurant since it opened, both for service and food. I just wish the menu was a bit longer. Esmeralda has become my "personal server", even if I'm only there about once a year. (Somehow she always remembers not just what I ordered, but which table I was at on my last visit.)

I'm looking forward to our cool, dark lunch at San Angel Inn. It will be great to get us out of the hot August heat!! I hope we get a table close to the boats going by. :goodvibes

I have been to both and like both for different reasons. I would say that La Hacienda will have more Mexican fare that you would be familiar with. I view it more of a Baja type cuisine. San Angel is more authentic Mexican food. My finance is from the border and she liked both, but preferred San Angel because she felt it was more like what her mom cooked. These are opinions, but might be helpful. The chips and salsa are the same at both as are the drinks (I believe). La Hacienda can be more romantic if you get one of the semi-circle booths, but those are limited. I like the ambiance of San Angel because it feels like you are eating outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter