San Angel or La Hacienda for GF vegan?

kittylover

Earning My Ears
I am a vegan and can't have gluten. I will be going to Disney in Oct and would like to dine at one of the Mexican restaurants. Does anyone have experience at San Angel or La Hacienda? Is there more of a language barrier at one than the other? Thanks! Karen

We've been dining at San Angel Inn every year since 2001 and have never encountered a language barrier. The same goes for La Hacienda during our first visit last November.

If you're requesting a special diet or menu, you should note it in your reservation and contact the restaurant a day or two before.

I had only heard, not experienced either. San Angel Inn seems to have a separate vegan menu with one or two things on it but La Hacienda is more difficult. If you heart is set of one or the other i would have it note on the res and most places are happy (okay maybe that is an over statement Cough Chef Julie at Ohanas.. Cough Cough) to prepare something off the menu for you.

La Hacienda.

Hands down best GF meal of our trip last year.

i just read your trip report SDSorority. Looks good! We will also be going to Kona so I'm glad to see you had a good experience there as well. Do you know if the rice at La Hacienda was vegan? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter