San Angel Inn

englishteacha

Have courage and be kind.
We just returned from our trip, and am posting a brief review of one of our favorite dining experiences. We were not on the dining plan.

Sunday, June 25: My DH and I decided to eat a late lunch at San Angel Inn in Mexico in Epcot. We have never done a TS restaurant before at WDW. We were celebrating our anniversary (4 years) and decided to splurge. We arrived at 2:30 PM, wearing our "Magical Wishes" buttons, with no reservation. We were told there'd be about a 10 minute wait and they gave us one of the pager thingys. It went off in about 4 minutes, and we were seated at a table for 2 right alongside the river. It was beautiful. Our server was very courteous and helpful. He immediately took our drink orders and brought us chips and salsa. My DH and I both decided to get the Plato Mexicano- grilled beef taco, chicken enchilada and cheese quesadilla, with onions and peppers, served with black refried beans, guacamole and rice. We opted out of the guacamole. Everything was very tasty, however, the grilled beef taco only had beef in it-no cheese, salsa, or veggies. I added some salsa to it as I felt it was lacking flavor. The quesadilla and enchilada were yummy, and the enchilada was a little bit spicy. The rice was flavorful. We're not huge fans of refried beans, but these tasted fine. Our drinks (sodas) were refilled as needed.

The meal was a great experience and our server was wonderful. While we were eating a mariachi band was playing in the plaza, which was a nice complement to the meal. When we finished, our server (I feel awful that I forgot his name) asked if we wanted dessert, but we were too full. He then suggested that we try the bakery in France later for something sweet saying, "France is better for dessert, " and smiling at us. The total, including a large tip, was $44. Most of our other meals were less than half that, but for a special meal, it was a pretty good value.

It was a great dining experience that I will never forget. It was very special for us.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Glad you had such an enjoyable meal.

Nice review! Actually the taco you describe is how it would be served in Mexico. I lived in Mexico City for a few months during college and tacos were meat in two corn tortillas. Of course you put some hot sauce on it, but that's it.

Thanks for the review. We've eaten there several times and when we went in May we were lucky enough to have a table along the river. That really added to the experience; we had a great time. The food was good, the server attentive and the atmosphere was so much fun. Glad you enjoyed it too.

Thanks for the review! We are eating there tonight! We can't wait for our 4th of July celebration there!

Great to hear a positive review of San Angel and will really be looking forward to my dinner in a few weeks now.
Claire xx

Thanks of the review. We ate there a few years ago and it was very good and we loved the atmosphere!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter