Same Day - Kona Breakfast, WCC Lunch

McFlea

Mouseketeer
Is this crazy? This is a weekday in August, with Kona at 8:00 AM and Whispering Canyon at 1:30. My thinking is this - early (for us) breakfast, then monorail to MK as soon as possible. Then start to head out of MK around 12:30, boat ride to WL, check out the resort before and/or after eating - to avoid the hottest part of the day. Maybe back to our resort (POR) for more down time before heading back to MK for the evening. Sounds like it could be a lot of food in a short amount of time, but honestly, I'll be hungry again by 1:30 after an 8:00 breakfast. Think it's too much? My goal this trip is to avoid the middle of the day, therefore I'm not scheduling any TS dinners, rather, mostly lunches, so we can maximize evening time in the parks. That's enough time between ressies, right?

Breakfasts at Kona are huge. I couldnt do an 1:30 TS lunch even with an 8am breakfast. Nobody in my family could either and they are big boy eaters. Maybe take that rour around thhe property at 1:30, browse the gift shop and make the ADR for 2:30.

73025_158396617528776_948744_n.jpg

71921_158396667528771_6279734_n.jpg

Two TS meals so close together on a hot day in August? There is no way I could do it. But, you know your family and their eating habits.

My first reaction is "that's a lot of food". But...if that's what floats your boat (no pun intended). Go for it. However, to be clear....often the "hottest part of the day" is around 4:00. Again, irrelevant. Enjoy your time doing what you love to do.

Two TS meals so close together on a hot day in August? There is no way I could do it. But, you know your family and their eating habits.

And we're not big eaters. Definitely keeping Kona, but rethinking Whispering Canyon. For now, I've changed it to 2:15, the latest lunch time available on this day. And no dinner times available until after 6:30 - too late. Honestly, this plan is hoping for free dining. If we don't get it, WCC will likely be cancelled, but if we're lucky enough to get FD, I'd really like to try it.

My first reaction is "that's a lot of food". But...if that's what floats your boat (no pun intended). Go for it. However, to be clear....often the "hottest part of the day" is around 4:00. Again, irrelevant. Enjoy your time doing what you love to do.

This is good to know. I was thinking it would be noon-3:00 ish and begin to "cool down" around 4:00-5:00. Thanks for the heads up.

I went the first week of September once. To me, 12 - 3 is hottest (I go to the water parks a lot and usually leave around 3 when it starts getting cloudy) I wont say it cools down too much, but the 20 minute downpours usually start around 3 - 4 Once they pass through, its a little cooler...by about 5 degrees!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter