Sailing the Ocean Blue...October 6, 2012 Eastern Fantasy

***IMPORTANT***

Hey everybody we are really excited about this cruise we have decided to give out FE's to everyone on both list's! Therefore I need EVERYONE to tell me their family's favorite Disney characters!!!! (Individually please) If you are on "sheet 1" do not feel obligated to reciprocate... but hey everybody loves presents! :rotfl:

THANK YOU! :thumbsup2

Happy Sailing,
Alli + Kristy :sail:
Hi, Mine is Mickey, Christine's is Goofy and Kayla's is Nemo. We are excited to see what you all are doing.:mickeyjum

Hello all. I hope everyone is all checked in and got the excursions that they were interested in. I'm a little jealous of my sister TinkLoverSam's great week last week with selling her condo and buying a house with her hubby. Not only because that means that they are moving out of the building we both live in but also because my week was basically the opposite. I had my truck broken into at work (where everyone likes to remind me that I'm a surveillance investigator and thus should have seen it on camera) last Friday then on Tuesday while still waiting for the assessment to send to my insurance company I got into a car accident on the way to work. Still waiting for the new assessment to see if they will be repairing my truck or writing it off... So in the meantime I'm driving a rental and dreaming of this vacation that is now just 69 days away!!!

ChipNDalesBestFriend said:
***IMPORTANT***

Hey everybody we are really excited about this cruise we have decided to give out FE's to everyone on both list's! Therefore I need EVERYONE to tell me their family's favorite Disney characters!!!! (Individually please) If you are on "sheet 1" do not feel obligated to reciprocate... but hey everybody loves presents! :rotfl:

Happy Sailing,

Disney_Alli's is Sleeping Beauty or Belle
DDad's is probably Tow Mater
DMom's is Kermit

Hello all. I hope everyone is all checked in and got the excursions that they were interested in. I'm a little jealous of my sister TinkLoverSam's great week last week with selling her condo and buying a house with her hubby. Not only because that means that they are moving out of the building we both live in but also because my week was basically the opposite. I had my truck broken into at work (where everyone likes to remind me that I'm a surveillance investigator and thus should have seen it on camera) last Friday then on Tuesday while still waiting for the assessment to send to my insurance company I got into a car accident on the way to work. Still waiting for the new assessment to see if they will be repairing my truck or writing it off... So in the meantime I'm driving a rental and dreaming of this vacation that is now just 69 days away!!!

Sorry to hear about all that you are going through. I know that you are excited for your sister for buying a house (congrats to her and her DH), but you losing her as a neighbor :sad1: and then your truck getting broken into and your accident, I am glad that you were not injured and you walked away from it. I know too well how stressful accidents can be during and after. I hope all works out well for you. The cruise will mean so much more now, a great vacation that you can enjoy with your family:goodvibes

TaTa4Now1968 said:
Sorry to hear about all that you are going through. I know that you are excited for your sister for buying a house (congrats to her and her DH), but you losing her as a neighbor :sad1: and then your truck getting broken into and your accident, I am glad that you were not injured and you walked away from it. I know too well how stressful accidents can be during and after. I hope all works out well for you. The cruise will mean so much more now, a great vacation that you can enjoy with your family:goodvibes

Thanks for the kind words and well wishes this is why I love The Dis! The side benefit of my sister movie is that my mom is coming out for a few days to help them get moved and settled so I'll get to see her a bit before the cruise. We're all getting sooo excited now. I was talking to my dad on the phone today and he sounded like a little kid before Christmas. Can't wait to meet everyone and to enjoy some time in the sun... And the seven days at WDW and US afterwards won't hurt either.

Favorite characters:

Bob- Mickey
DJ- Minnie
Chris- Mickey
Mandie- Piglet & Figment
Cami- Pooh

Disney Ali, I hope things turn around for you soon! It won't be long before you can get on that boat & leave your troubles behind. :boat:

I am so sorry to hear about your week. When it rains, it pours:sad2: Here's some pixie dust to help you get to the cruisepixiedust:

Everyone is sooo sweet! Thanks for all the good wishes. Still waiting for the assessment/appraisal on my truck but in the GOOD NEWS department:

MY FE CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!!!

It looks great! Once I get around a computer I'll post a picture. This is making everything so real and so close!!!!

Hi everyone! It has taken me 3 days to catch up but I am still here.
On a couple of cruises we have been on, we got neon green reminder bands with our cruise name on them to wear on the ship. Worked good!
http://www.reminderband.com/
I did a test run order. You must order in multiples of 5. I ordered 5 large and 5 medium (they have a child size) neon green with white fill for the letters. It says "Sailing the Ocean Blue" and my total with shipping would be $34.41US. I gave these as FE's one year, but I mailed them to everyone ahead of time so we would have them in the terminal. I can't do that this trip, but everyone could order their own if they would like to participate. I'm in if everyone wants to do this.
Hey Allen, did you order these? I love this idea. We've had them on previous cruises and they really help us identify our dis family.
For all the new comers to the thread who are staying in Port Canaveral on Friday night, (and those who may have forgotten) :teeth: we have a reservation @ Fishlips for 5pm. If you will be in the area and would like to join us for supper and or a beverage :drinking1 at Fishlips, let me know! I am keeping a list and would like to finalize with Fishlips a day or so ahead of our arrival. :thumbsup2
http://www.fishlipswaterfront.com/
They also have a webcam that your friends can watch as you leave the port or you can even watch it on your smartphone if you have one. Could be fun!!
http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/
We are flying in from Nashville on Fri and staying at the Residence Inn. Are you all staying close by? Would love to maybe do a pre cruise meet at a hotel.
On the last few cruises, we met inside (the Dream) at 3:00 in the D Lounge (I think that is what it is called---the place I played ALOT of BINGO in:) or if anyone can think of something else?????????

Susan
Hi Susan! On my last cruise we planned to meet on the ship but we all ended up meeting at the terminal.:goodvibesThere were about 50 of us who just had to get to the ship by noon.
We had lanyards and name tags on a couple of cruises also. That was really nice, but it's a lot of work! The reminder bands are considerably less buying in bulk. I priced 100 with filled letters for $82, 200 with filled letters for $135. My original 10 is $35. Last time I did reminder bands, I mailed them to everyone ahead of time. If most everyone is interested in doing the reminder bands, I will make the bulk order and either mail them or bring them to the ship with me.
Would love to do this.:)

I forgot to ask if anyone (ladies) would be interested in having a Champagne Girls event on this cruise?
Count me in!

I have been reading on the main boards how popular the Mixology classes have become. If anyone is interested in them as I am, you need to signup as soon as you get on the ship. They are selling out before the second day. :thumbsup2
If we want to do it as a group, we can actually contact Disney and have them set up a class for just us if there are 25 people. At least that is what we were able to do last year. We did a survey of our group to determine which class we wanted (mixology, beer, wine, etc.) and gave our name and room # to Disney so they could charge the $25 to our room. Not sure if anyone would be interested in doing a tasting with just the dis group?:confused3 Just a thought.

So how is everyone getting to the port? I'm still working out all those fun details! We moved our cruise from Dec to Oct in June... Bumping the trip up that much & moving out of state really kinked my planned schedule!
We always rent a car at MCO the day before, stay at the hotel and then dh drops the kids and I off at the port. He returns the car and takes the shuttle.

Ok, question for previous Disers with small children. After you register them online, what is the next step?
Last time we went on DCL. I registered them online and then when we got to the ship we went to the club and they already had their name down and we just toured the club.
:thumbsup2No need to stand in the long line at the port for the kid clubs.
Hi, we're booked on the Fantasy for our first ever cruise, excited does not even being to cover it! :cheer2:
There will be me (Emma, 37), my hubby (Peter, 44) and our daughter (Emma Jane, 7) - apologies for the longhand, as I said, first timers!
I've been reading about the Fish Extenders that people take along, how do we join in with this? Also, what sorts of gifts do we need?
If anyone has advice for a team of newbies it'll be much appreciated xx
Welcome! I am sure that dd(6) will have a blast with Emma Jane!

Also, regarding the cabanas- when I checked in there weren't any left. I emailed Disney a couple of weeks ago and asked for one and was given #10. While I do believe this only happened because we are sailing concierge, who knows? I would keep calling them in addition to checking online.:)

Looking forward to being on here more now that summer is almost over and kids are headed back to school!:goodvibes

***IMPORTANT***

Happy Sailing,
Thank you for the generosity!!
My DW's fave is M-O from Wall-E and mine is Captain Jack Sparrow. pirate:
Thanks again!

***IMPORTANT***

Happy Sailing,

You guys are so sweet!!! Thanks for thinking about us!
Favorite Characters... SO very hard to choose!
Josh- Donald Duck Kate- Tinkerbell Megan-Captain Jack, David- Bruce from finding Nemo
Thanks! The Mickley Mice!

My replies are in red.
Hi everyone! It has taken me 3 days to catch up but I am still here.
Hey Allen, did you order these? I love this idea. We've had them on previous cruises and they really help us identify our dis family.
I agree, but there has been very little interest expressed in them so I haven't ordered any yet. It's not to late though.
We are flying in from Nashville on Fri and staying at the Residence Inn. Are you all staying close by? Would love to maybe do a pre cruise meet at a hotel.
We are staying @ Country Inns & Suites and would be glad to meet you that evening. A few years ago, we had a party around the pool @ CI&S. We could do that again after dinner @ Fishlips. OR if anyone is staying @ the Radisson, they have pool side beverage center!! :drinking1
Hi Susan! On my last cruise we planned to meet on the ship but we all ended up meeting at the terminal.:goodvibesThere were about 50 of us who just had to get to the ship by noon.
Would love to do this.:)

Count me in!

If we want to do it as a group, we can actually contact Disney and have them set up a class for just us if there are 25 people. At least that is what we were able to do last year. We did a survey of our group to determine which class we wanted (mixology, beer, wine, etc.) and gave our name and room # to Disney so they could charge the $25 to our room. Not sure if anyone would be interested in doing a tasting with just the dis group?:confused3 Just a thought.
I'm in for mixology or the wine tasting, not interested in the beer. I have a very simple taste for light summer beer!!

We always rent a car at MCO the day before, stay at the hotel and then dh drops the kids and I off at the port. He returns the car and takes the shuttle.

:thumbsup2No need to stand in the long line at the port for the kid clubs.
Welcome! I am sure that dd(6) will have a blast with Emma Jane!

Also, regarding the cabanas- when I checked in there weren't any left. I emailed Disney a couple of weeks ago and asked for one and was given #10. While I do believe this only happened because we are sailing concierge, who knows? I would keep calling them in addition to checking online.:)
I'm hoping I can get on a waiting list for one @ Serenity Bay.

Looking forward to being on here more now that summer is almost over and kids are headed back to school!:goodvibes

Bringing this to the top....again!!

Hey Ocean Blue Cruisers!
Some of you have seen this already, and you will likely see it several more times before the cruise!! For those who are staying in Port Canaveral on Friday night October 5th, we have a 5pm reservation at Fishlips. We would love to have as many people join us as possible. Even if you can't make it at 5, you are still welcome to join us at your convenience. I have to keep Sam @ Fishlips updated with a number (minimum of 12), so if you are planning to be @ the Port on Friday and would like to join us at Fishlips, please send me a PM on the Dis, or email me @ <jallenv@gmail.com> with a number for your party. Hope to see you all there!!
Allen

ALSO, I need to get a feel for how many people are interested in the Lime Green Reminder Bands for our cruise. If we have enough, I will order them and see to their distribution. Let me know!!

ALSO, I need to get a feel for how many people are interested in the Lime Green Reminder Bands for our cruise. If we have enough, I will order them and see to their distribution. Let me know!!

I am interested!!!!!!!!! just let me know how much....can send it to you or give it to you at fishlips!

Sue

You may already have us down, but if not... YES!!!!
I also checked our local Home Depot and no Mickey heads any longer.... :confused3

Did see some "mardi gras" beads the other day.....

BigRed1 said:

What is the cost of the bracelets again?

For those wanting Reminder Bands, there are 3 sizes. Large (8-3/8"), Medium (7-3/8") and Child (5-7/8"). The website says the Child size is for 3 to 6 year old's. I need to know how many of what size you need. Just post here or PM me!

I am interested!!!!!!!!! just let me know how much....can send it to you or give it to you at fishlips!

Sue

You may already have us down, but if not... YES!!!!.....
You are added by default!!

For those wanting Reminder Bands, there are 3 sizes. Large (8-3/8"), Medium (7-3/8") and Child (5-7/8"). The website says the Child size is for 3 to 6 year old's. I need to know how many of what size you need. Just post here or PM me!

You are added by default!!

1 medium thank you!

Sue

Never mind, questioned answered:thumbsup2

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter