Safety concerns at RD

Ds4angels

DIS Veteran
I *think* it was this forum I saw people upset about how RD was handled at HS. I did email guest services to let them know about my concerns and the safety issues their current procedure has. I would advise those who had similar concerns to email as well. If enough people email maybe something will change

Sorry if I missed it, as I don't rope drop anymore, but what safety issue? In all the times I used to do it, I never felt unsafe.

If it's the same issue I think I saw, people were running like crazy the second they got through the gate even with CMs telling them to PLEASE walk
People running, running into strollers, etc
It sounds terrifying to be honest and I would hope Disney would be better about that (but I know, after a certain point there's only so much a handful of CMs can do)

I was surprised there was no attempt to stop people from running in AK after they went through the tap styles and on their way to the place they hold people outside of Pandora.

There are 2 areas off to the side that converge on the main Street right in front of the Chinese Theater. This added to the fact that the cast members are soft spoken. In fact I don't recall hearing any cast member call to slow down, not run. Families have a hard time ataysta together because so many people shove and push.
AK for soem reason was more orderly. There was some running right out of the gate, but once you got into the crowd Cast members seemed to have a better handle on the crowd
I wouldn't complain about something I've never experienced myself, but that's just me.
Well since I said those who had similar concerns, then yes this would not be you.

Never witnessed it personally. No one that I saw has been running or pushing. Everyone has been polite and calm.

Well since I said those who had similar concerns, then yes this would not be you.

I am guessing @FCDub may have read the original post how I did. It was not clear to me at first that you had actually experienced it, it sounded like you shared concerns based on posts you read here (which I see is not the case - you did experience it.)

No I did experience it or I would not have sent an email. Sorry that was unclear, I assumed people who think I was talking about first hand experience, but I should know better then to assume.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter