SAB in January

DISNEY4FUN

Mouseketeer
I am planning a trip for the last week of January 2005. I want to stay at either BW or BCV because of the location. Will storm along bay be fully open in January? Does anyone see any other problems with week I have picked? I tried to avoid the holiday and the marathon. Thanks.

We stayed the last week in January 2 years ago at BWV, but we were only able to use SAB one day because the other days were just too cold. Of course, now if you want to use SAB at all regardless of weather you have to stat at BCV, BW isn't an option anymore. You just need to decide if it's worth it to you to stay at BCV even if weather is iffy for the pool. Crowd wise, it's an excellent time to be at the parks- we walked on everything. I do believe that Blizzard Beach was closed when we were there- but again, it was too chilly anyway.

Just FYI: Lotusphere attendees will start arriving on Sat 1/22. For the most part we'll fill the area hotels (Dolphin, Swan, Y&B, and possibly BW) ... but not compete for space at the parks or SAB.

In past years, temps have been mild (70's) ... but we've seen 40's (brrrr!) and high 80's. Pools have been open each year ... but sadly closing too early for the attendees to enjoy! :(

Lotusphere 05: 1/23-27
(We have a 1BR unit in BVW -- for the whole week -- whoo hoo!)

We were at BC Jan 2003 also. One day is was just my kids and the ducks in Storm along Bay. I had my bathing suit but it was too cold the entire week. But, it was record cold that week.

Just got back from a fantastic week in January. Loved every minute of it. There will be no problem at SAB. In fact, there was one afternoon that we had it all to ourselves! We swam in it every single afternoon. It was truly wonderful. Granted, when you got out, it was a little chilly, but that didn't bother us. The water was beautiful. And, the jacuzzis were great! You will love the parks, no crowds and everything was a walk on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter