• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SAB access for guests staying at PopCentury?

LodgeMan

Mouseketeer
We are staying at Beach Club for a week and have family staying at Pop Century during the same time frame. What is the policy on guests access to SAB if they go with us?

They usually handle this on a case by case basis based on how busy the pool is and the number of people you are talking about. If you mean 2-4 friends/relatives will want to join you for an afternoon of swimming, this will probably be permitted. Just ask at the desk. If you mean you are hosting a family reunion and 20 guests staying at Pop Century want to come over to SAB every afternoon, that probably won't be permitted.

Noone but BCV,BC and YC guests are allowed at SAB.You cannot swim in their pool either.But at SAB they check room keys and if you are not staying at the resorts you will not be Allowed.Pool hopping is not allowed anywhere on property.

Please just spend time together at the water park.

Originally posted by luvindisneyworld
Pool hopping is not allowed anywhere on property.

It is for DVC members, with a couple of notable execptions. Unless pool hopping was cancelled last night... ;)

If you are in the BC Villas (for members and guests) there would be no problem having them stay with you in a 2BR for a night and do SAB that way.

Originally posted by tjkraz
It is for DVC members, with a couple of notable execptions. Unless pool hopping was cancelled last night... ;)
PH is not allowed for DCV members unless staying on points at a DVC property. Also subject to the restrictions which include that PH is prohibited at announced times (busy times) and you must call ahead.

As noted above, guests of people already staying at the YC/BC are handled on a case by case basis. I'm not familiar with a true policy. Most people have been told it's OK as long as the group size is within reason. And if you have enough capacity in your unit as judged by the stated max capacity, you could just list them even if they are not actually staying there. Otherwise you should check with the front desk when you arrive and get a name.

"And if you have enough capacity in your unit as judged by the stated max capacity, you could just list them even if they are not actually staying there. "

Right Dean, thats what I meant, or they could stay. If you use points for 8 people and have 4 like we did last week-you should be able to invite 4 over for a swim for cripes sake.

when you check in ask for the maximum amount of keys (ID) that is allowed - give your family the extra - also get them a BC parking lot permit - if you ask at the front desk -they will give you an extra one.

Thanks to everyone for their input. Fortunately, we only have a group of 4 (two small children) staying at Pop Century, so I will just check with the front desk.

I've asked this question and was told its basically room capacity with regard to guest. I suspect during offseason they are even more flexible.

There is a difference between poolhopping and joining a guest at the hotel in question as their guest...DVC or not.

Each of the pools have signage that reads that the pools are for the exclusive use of the hotel guests. Not the guests of the hotel guests. But they may allow you if you ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter