RV Rental or Split Stay at Universal

shecup

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
This is my first post, so please bear with me. Planning to go to Disney but decided to also spend a few days at Universal this trip (would be our first time) in addition to Epcot, MK, and AK. Nothing set in stone but looking at 7 days at the end of August 2021. Thoughts on RV rental for the week at the Fort and driving (car rental) to Universal for 3 days? Or split stay at Universal? Or Universal for the week and driving to Epcot, MK, and AK? I haven't researched cost of parking/park tickets/food yet so that may answer some of my questions. Any thoughts and recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!
Tina

Hello and welcome. I guess the biggest question for you is, are you wanting to rent a camper because you’ve always wanted to camp at Fort Wilderness or are you just wanting to stay at the Fort period?

The thing you’ll want to do is compare the cost of renting a camper plus paying for the campsite vs. just booking a cabin at the Fort. Depending on the time of year, one can be more affordable than the other.

If you’re staying on Disney property, transportation to the parks is included so you would only need to rent a car for your drive over to Universal. There is a rental car facility on property. From the Fort, you can take a boat or bus to MK. HS, EC, and AK would use the bus service.

Like Bishoprc said Disney transportation is outstanding.
We stayed at the Ft last year in our motorhome and brought our golf cart so no car. This was pre-pandemic but we just took an Uber to SeaWorld. No rental car fees or parking tolls.

Thank you both for your recommendations and suggestions. I appreciate it! I will definitely need to do more research on the cost factors of the cabin vs campsite. I love Disney transportation and have never actually rented a car but thought COVID may still be a factor in wait times....Praying not. Thanks again for your input Bishoparc and ChiefM. Happy New Year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter