runDisney Virtual Shorts - An *Incredible* Year 3

Since no one answered, I contacted runDisney to find out if there's ever any way to get the previous month's medal if I didn't register in time. This is the reply I got:

"We appreciate your interest in our virtual runDisney event. Each of our virtual events have a predetermined limit of runners that we can accommodate, and we cannot exceed that without risking delays for other runners. Regrettably, the capacity of individual registrations for the June Incredibles Virtual Run has been reached. Furthermore, runDisney race registrations are non-refundable, therefore a waitlist is not available. We apologize for any disappointment this may cause."

So short answer, no. Which is really disappointing, since I didn't realize until too late that the June medal is the best one. Oh well, my fault. I'll just have to check eBay and register earlier next year.

I got an email from UPS today that I’m getting a package from WDW on Monday. I’m excited to receive them.

Sorry to hear that you can’t get the previous months medal BDF. Hopefully you can find them on EBay down the road.

I emailed runDisney regarding the medals and got a response in about 12 hours (very prompt!)

"
Aubrey Martell (Disney)

Jul 12, 12:20 PM EDT

Dear [BCWife76],
Congratulations on your accomplishment! Finisher medals are awarded to participants based on the honor system of having walked, run, or jogged a 5K distance during the time frame of your virtual race. Please know these shipments are sent on a revolving basis, which means some Guests will receive their packages prior to others. However, we do anticipate most runners will receive their items by the end of September 2018. Additionally, any commemorative items purchased for this event should arrive within the same timeframe. All packages will be delivered through FedEx. If you have not received anything by the end of September, please respond to this message and a Cast Member will be happy to assist you further.

We hope you enjoyed every magical mile of your 5K!

Best regards,

Aubrey Martell
Guest Experience Services
runDisney"

So I guess I still need to be a bit patient and hope my medal shows up before the end of September!

I forgot, I ran July on Monday!

I was trying to explain virtual runs to some friends who have never ran races, they seemed intrigued by the idea & the Incredible medals impressed them. But the $$$$ was a little shocking I think, they have never done Disney either.

I forgot, I ran July on Monday!

I was trying to explain virtual runs to some friends who have never ran races, they seemed intrigued by the idea & the Incredible medals impressed them. But the $$$$ was a little shocking I think, they have never done Disney either.
I know runDisney races are expensive, but my sister told me that a local 5K family fun run in her town cost $35 and came with a rose gold medal that holds little appeal to a mother of two boys.

How fun! That's a great birthday present!
I think I'm most excited to give him the medal since he probably won't know that it's coming until after we finish up his 3.1 miles and he certainly won't know that it has Dash and Jack Jack on it.

Finally got my June medal here in British Columbia! Came by UPS, btw, not FedEx :rotfl2:I actually really love it and am kind of wishing I'd done the whole series (next year I will as long as the CDN $ isn't still crummy against the US$ haha)

Wondering if anyone here has received their July medals and how long it took? I registered in July and posted my time in early August. I saw the above post about taking through September but I'm hoping for news from anyone who might've been in the same time range as I am in.

I have a very excited nephew now. Wednesday afternoon he called me on the phone to say "my package arrived!" He only knew it was his birthday present and did not know what was inside. I went over to see him Wednesday evening and we formally did his run along with his little brother chilling in the stroller, all 3 of us wearing Incredibles shirts.

For anyone interested, I registered him in late July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter