runDisney - Staging start / end at EPCOT going forward?

EPCOT-O.G.

DIS Veteran
So I had assumed W&D course would follow those in recent years, which started at the TTC, went through AK, and then ended in EPCOT parking lot. Obviously that is not the case, and you can see why from a purely logistical standpoint - they will no longer have to shuttle people back to their cars/the TTC, since they will be back where it all started. Other than the Everest 5K - which was staged in the AK parking lot - every race since 2021 W&D seems to come and go from EPCOT.

Do we think this is going to be a regular thing going forward?

It’s possible but I wouldn’t necessarily assume it. Im a bit bummed that they won’t have a half running through AK this year. Could be a staffing issue with the buses, I thought I had heard something about them going with a different bus company this year and that company having issues with PW. Curious to see what they do with next years race.

It’s possible but I wouldn’t necessarily assume it. Im a bit bummed that they won’t have a half running through AK this year. Could be a staffing issue with the buses, I thought I had heard something about them going with a different bus company this year and that company having issues with PW. Curious to see what they do with next years race.

It is the January half that runs through MK. I don't believe the W&D half has ever run through MK. It has started in the parking lot and run from there but never through the park.

I hope they don't start and finish every race at Epcot. I do think W&D should be centered around Epcot but the Springtime Surprise weekend should have unique distances and courses, not just rotating themes for the same distances and barely changed courses.

I saw mention on fb about the still on-going construction on bear island rd (and all of the equipment for that) as a possible reason for w&d not starting at the ttc this year.

Last edited:

The most recent Princess half started and ended at Epcot, but the parking lot was closed that morning. They were parking at Hollywood Studios and shuttling people over. So, just because the start and end at Epcot doesn't mean they're saving money on shuttles.

I thought that one of the half marathons went through Epcot and MK, while another half marathon went through DHS and AK. Is that not true anymore? (Or was I wrong?)

I thought that one of the half marathons went through Epcot and MK, while another half marathon went through DHS and AK. Is that not true anymore? (Or was I wrong?)
In the past, W&D and Star Wars went from MK parking through AK and DHS and finished at Epcot. The 2022 W&D course does not - it starts and ends at Epcot with only DHS.

2022 W&D Half starts/ends in Epcot
2022 W&D 10K starts/ends in Epcot
2022 W&D 5K starts/ends in Epcot
2022 Princess half started/ended in Epcot
2022 Princess 10K started/ended in Epcot
2022 Princess 5K started/ended in Epcot
2022 WDW Marathon started/ended in Epcot
2022 WDW Half Marathon started/ended in Epcot
2022 WDW 10K started/ended in Epcot
2022 WDW 5K started/ended in Epcot
2022 Expedition Everest starts/ends in AK
2022 Race for the Taste 10K starts/ends in Epcot
2022 Tower of Terror 10 Miler starts/ends in Epcot
2021 W&D Half started TTC, ends Epcot
2021 W&D 10K started TTC, ends Epcot
2019 W&D Half started TTC, ends Epcot
2019 W&D 10K started TTC, ends Epcot
2018 W&D Half started TTC, ends Epcot
2018 W&D 10K started TTC, ends Epcot

Just seems like a pattern

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter