Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Totally agree. I follow him on Twitter which links to his Instagram (monologue, rant, education) posts. Pretty interesting stuff actually, although sometimes over the top for me.

But I did find that particular post a bit out of the norm from his usual posts.... certainly DID seem like something specific even though he said it wasn't....

Over the top = true artist, at least I'll give him that out.

That's not the kind of comment one makes that is random, it was triggered by something. And of course he would never name ROL because the bigger Mice would be upset with him. But honestly let's hope he does mean ROL, we already know it's a mess, I don't want to think there is another project that's a mess too.

The obligatory parties start tonight ..... a busy busy weekend .... then Sunday heading to the beach :goodvibes

Checking out of here for awhile, to all my LOUNGERS be safe and enjoy!

Hello, my name is Tori and Rivers of Light is ruining my life.

I am going in March 2017 with my non Disnerd husband who is super confused about why I am so distraught.

Let me be clear, I am not hinging my trip happiness on ROL. My inner planner is just throwing a tantrum at the lack of details from Disney.

We got the DDP (a major splurge for me, also the only reason I convinced husband to go to Disney) so waiting on which reservations I need to keep is annoying. I planned for 1 2 credit meal. If ROL is not out, we'll leave AK and go to DS to Morimoto Asia. If it is out, we'll eat at Yak and Yeti on AK night. However, this plays into my Epcot plans for the following day. If we eat at Yak and Yeti, I have Le Cellier reservations. If we go to Morimoto, we go to Biergarten.

I am happy either way.

My brain is just irritated at my daily spreadsheet with all the options.

Ugh. Just had to complain to other Dis people because husband has no idea what I am talking about. He is a first timer.

Can't wait!

I am going in March 2017 with my non Disnerd husband who is super confused about why I am so distraught.

Let me be clear, I am not hinging my trip happiness on ROL. My inner planner is just throwing a tantrum at the lack of details from Disney.

We got the DDP (a major splurge for me, also the only reason I convinced husband to go to Disney) so waiting on which reservations I need to keep is annoying. I planned for 1 2 credit meal. If ROL is not out, we'll leave AK and go to DS to Morimoto Asia. If it is out, we'll eat at Yak and Yeti on AK night. However, this plays into my Epcot plans for the following day. If we eat at Yak and Yeti, I have Le Cellier reservations. If we go to Morimoto, we go to Biergarten.

I am happy either way.

Ugh. Just had to complain to other Dis people because husband has no idea what I am talking about. He is a first timer.

Can't wait!
You are, most definitely, in the right place! We can all relate. For me, this was a predicament for my past June trip. Psssh, I'm not even that concerned any more...because who knows if it gets up and running before my next June trip, or ever at all! ;)

I am happy either way.

Can't wait!

Welcome to the lounge! Like @ArielSRL said, we were in your place last year. I had a trip planned for ROL's scheduled opening week in April - not because of ROL, but I was definitely trying to fit it into my schedule. I spent a lot of mornings commiserating with this group when, day after day, dining packages didn't open for booking, and then the show was postponed, etc.

I'm not too worried about ROL for my next trip, but I definitely feel your pain with other parts of my schedule still being up in the air.

FYI RE: The recording above and being posted around the internet. I would not open it. It sourced from a Chinese website, pirated music. My guess is if it is coming from an actual CD that Disney is producing, they produced it in China, it was stolen (no surprise) and being pirated on the internet. It is illegal to download and who knows what bugs may come in to your computer considering the source.

At this point in time it is safe to say that if it isn't for sale as a CD then it is likely not coming from Disney safely.

I am happy either way.

Can't wait!

WELCOME :welcome: to RUMORS of LIGHT. We feel your pain. Vent away.

Welcome to the lounge! Like @ArielSRL said, we were in your place last year. I had a trip planned for ROL's scheduled opening week in April - not because of ROL, but I was definitely trying to fit it into my schedule. I spent a lot of mornings commiserating with this group when, day after day, dining packages didn't open for booking, and then the show was postponed, etc.

I'm not too worried about ROL for my next trip, but I definitely feel your pain with other parts of my schedule still being up in the air.

Truly at point, I just don't even care. If it opens, if I'm there, I will try but the excitement sure has dwindled. Going down end of January and not even a thought in my plans.

Last edited:
FYI RE: The recording above and being posted around the internet. I would not open it. It is pirated music sourced from a Chinese website. My guess is if it is coming from an actual CD that Disney is producing, they produced it in China, it was stolen (no surprise) and being pirated on the internet. It is illegal to download pirated music and who knows what bugs may come in to your computer considering the source.

Truly at point, I just don't even care. If it opens, if I'm there, I will try but the excitement sure has dwindled. Going down end of January and not even a thought in my plans.
Yep...my excitement over the endless and empty promises of ROL opening, while it didn't RUIN my trip last April, it certainly almost cause a mental breakdown on my part!! HA HA...

Now, I'm with you...kind of "meh" over the whole thing....if it's ever up and running (a BIG if!) and it's convenient, and I can get FP for it, then we'll maybe try to put it in our plans next fall. Not holding my breath, and certainly not stressing over it anymore...

There really IS life after ROL!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am happy either way.

Can't wait!

Right there with you! Have so many contingency plans for our AK day that I can barely figure out my own spreadsheet! Currently, Y&Y at 5:45, then either staying at AK for ROL (not looking good for Feb...) or taking the new express hopper bus if it's still running when we finish dinner? (oh please please please stay on after Jan 7th) to MK for their EMH (staying at CR so just a walk "home" when we're done), or maybe a trip to DS for the evening for dessert & shopping? I love Disney because I can plan every minute (yes, I'm insane) so this is making me especially crazy (DH would say I'm crazy anyway and don't need the extra help!)!

I have a favor to ask of you ROLers! Anybody going to Disney soon that wouldn't mind grabbing me maps of all the parks and DS and mailing them? I'd be glad to reimburse you the mail charges. I just want them in my hands for planning this year!

I have a favor to ask of you ROLers! Anybody going to Disney soon that wouldn't mind grabbing me maps of all the parks and DS and mailing them? I'd be glad to reimburse you the mail charges. I just want them in my hands for planning this year!

I think we're going on Monday, if I remember I'll pick them up for you (I'm terrible at remembering things like this, but I'll certainly try!)

Hey everybody,

I was recently thinking about our upcoming April trip and realized that most of my planned reservations for experiences and dining revolved around events that aren't yet available to book. So I was wondering do some of our loungers also have experiences they're waiting on booking. If so, and you're inclined to share, what are they?

For us, we're waiting for April booking to open for:
- Club Villain
- Star Wars Dessert Party
- Rivers of Light Dining package :laughing:
- Maaaaaybe Monorail Dinner party (perhaps we should get a big group together for it and include our own little mystery theatre. "Dining on the Monorail and the Curse of the Maltese Figment")

We moved to Yacht Club - just fyi as we're traveling at the same time! Yes, been feeling that about this trip! It's less than four months away and there are things both old and new that I would like to book...such as...
- The Evening Show That Will Not Be Named
- Club Villian - I've never been, but it's an adult trip and I think it would be fun
- Highway in the sky - would love to do with my sisters!
- either EMM - haven't done either. Fantasyland has extended to April, but skips our week so probably not likely!
-DAH - since we're going Easter week, it would be great to have an option like this for lowered crowds, but it's probably not a week they'll schedule something like that
- Star Wars Dessert, although I'm the only one in my party that is interested in that!!

Your lounger monorail event has definite potential!

Hi all! My name is Marcus, and it's time I join the Rumors of Light lounge.

Lounge: "Hi Marcus!"

I will introduce myself as a regular Disney vacationer (about two trips per year). And while visiting AK on December 20th (a few days ago) for the evening sights, I had the awkward thought that the beautiful lake along the walk in Asia would be a perfect location for some sort of a night show.

Our previous visit was in June, and during that trip, we bypassed the "Jungle Book, Filling Spaces" show. I am amazed at the failure to meet the targeted date (well, dates) for RoL, but I am sure that it is a much more difficult endeavor than us Loungers could ever imagine.

Well, on return to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner on the evening of Dec 20th, my wife nudged me to say, "We just passed the imagineer with the earring that you see on TV specials..."

My initial thought, of course, was that he was coming down to do much more than just see the AKL Christmas tree. I suspected he was there to apply a little creative and corporate pressure to all things Animal Kingdom, be it Blue Alien Land, or the aforementioned RoL.

Yet stumbling across the Rumors Lounge, I see the above post from Mr Joe Rohde, and I am even more intrigued. Very interesting.

Now, before I join the Lounge, I must confess that I hoped RoL would closely resemble my favorite Disney nighttime show anywhere, World of Color. How spectacular an AK style show would be using that already proven technology. But never mind. Maybe someday they will bulldoze the Fantasmic set to create a World of Color on the East coast.

So, carry on. I will enjoy following along.

Happy New Year all.

Question for you. We have a trip in the works for May again this year. Am I the only one happy to not have to worry about a Pandora opening around the time of our trip? ROL really soured any joy I might have found in being one of the first to see something new in the parks. Watching what happened in the early days of FEA further strengthened my opinion that I'd rather there not be anything extremely new in the parks while we're there (new to us is good though). But I feel like I'm not typical in that regard. I'd just rather things be more or less set and not having to have backups to my backup plans.

FYI RE: The recording above and being posted around the internet. I would not open it. It sourced from a Chinese website, pirated music. My guess is if it is coming from an actual CD that Disney is producing, they produced it in China, it was stolen (no surprise) and being pirated on the internet. It is illegal to download and who knows what bugs may come in to your computer considering the source.

At this point in time it is safe to say that if it isn't for sale as a CD then it is likely not coming from Disney safely.

Actually it's already being sold in the U.K. By one of their largest music downloading sites. The YouTube link is very safe and will not do anything to your computer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter