Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

So, we will not get to see it. Oh well, I'm just glad to find out before I leave so I can try to fix my plans now. Still, I leave Saturday and am so excited! I probably won't be stalking this thread anymore since I definitely will miss out on it but good luck planning to all those who will get to see it!

Two more drinks for the Lounge

Sexy Alligator
1 oz Midori® melon liqueur
1 oz pineapple juice
1 oz amaretto almond liqueur
1/2 oz Jagermeister® herbal liqueur

and Maggie's Tonic
Lavender Orchid Cosmopolitan
Consider opting for white cranberry juice to help retain the pretty purple color.
1 1/2 ounces Absolut Citron (or Mandarin works too)
1/2 ounce Bols Parfait Amour
Dash of Lime Juice
Splash of Cranberry Juice

Chill cocktail glass with ice water. Combine vodka, Parfait Amour, lime and cranberry juices in an ice filled shaker. Shake. Discard ice water, shake out excess, rim the cocktail glass with violet colored sugar. Strain into the chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a floating edible orchid.
image-67-Sexy-Alligator.jpg Maggies Tonic.jpg

did anyone else going in April/May appreciate the teaser video of the show that we will not get to see?

"ROL is hereby postponed, but here's what you're missing out on! <insert video of how awesome the show is going to be>"

Stay classy, Disney!

:sad2:

Sounds like they may be looking at a June opening
I'm thinking July at this point, but my negativity creeping in/--if blog entry end of May, I'm hopeful that we get to see it in the summer!! Booked 6/30-7/9. Feel bad for all the April and May people --- has Disney ever been so wrong about a proposed opening? Serious question --- not trying to be sarcastic

But but but - is everything postponed now or just ROL? I mean they could have the night safari and the harambe dances and the tree lights. Please don't tell me everything is pushed back now :(

The blog says: "While we’d hoped to debut these offerings on April 22, unfortunately, they will not open as planned on that date."

Sounds like everything is delayed. I'm so disappointed.

did anyone else going in April/May appreciate the teaser video of the show that we will not get to see?

"ROL is hereby postponed, but here's what you're missing out on! <insert video of how awesome the show is going to be>"

Stay classy, Disney!

:sad2:

Just went to watch it on YouTube, sometimes quality better ............ it is an UNLISTED video and asked me to "Be considerate and think twice before sharing." ?????

At least they gave us an update. That is pretty unusual for Disney to not meet a deadline. I hope with some extra time they can work out the issues without so much schedule pressure.

Well, not really. The difference here is they published a date long before they should have giving guests expectations and planning around it.

MANY projects get delayed over and over for issues. Not on schedule: Frozenland, Avatarland ... happens all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter