Rum Point Beach Adventure

wendyk

Disney Lover
Can anyone tell me about this excursion? DCL is now running it for our Feb 26 western. We have 4 adults and 2 kids. We originally wanted to book this excursion but DCL cancelled it until March. We they decided that we would just do 7 mile beach on our own. Well, now DCL is offering it again but the price is 43.00 per adult, 35.00 per child. Is it worth the money? Is 7 mile beach OK after the hurricane? Just seems like alot of money. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Wendy

I have not been on the disney Rum Point trip but have been to Rum Point. You are better off to stay on Seven Mile beach. The drive to Rum Point takes a while and the water is not near as nice as that on seven mile. Hope this helps.

Bumping this old thread for more info. We went to Seven Mile Beach last time, and I found it to be littered with garbage and over crowded. Thinking about doing the Rum Point excursion this time, or maybe Rum Point on our own. Any updated input would be appreciated.

We went on the Rum Point beach through Disney last month, and had a wonderful, relaxing time. It is a small, mostly shaded beach - just about everybody there was from the Disney boat and a few people from the little Hyatt timeshare community there (I think they might own the Rum Point beach - when we bought drinks, etc. they rang up as the Hyatt on my credit card). We had beach chairs right next to the water, had some pina coladas, veggie burgers at the restaurant, a very nice time. It is not a big beach, but didn't seem crowded. Took a little while to get there, but not bad. There were small pretty fish in the water and also crabs. The Rum Point Beach Adventure (as of a month ago) also includes a coupon for free lunch from the outdoor restaurant - menu item and non-alcohol beverage per person - we're vegetarians so we took the veggie burgers and they were tasty. I didn't look really at the meat options - I think there were burgers and hot dogs and fish sandwiches, etc.

There was a great little bar too - tropical drinks! Be warned though - everything is a little pricey, especially when you take into account that the prices given are in the Cayman dollars which are worth around $1.20 of ours - so everything is more expensive than you first might think! I think a regular 14 oz frozen tropical drink ended up being around $10 US.

Lots of lizards (including the cute Curly Tailed Cayman Lizard) - very laid back atmosphere - clear pretty water - a great excursion, I would go back. Seemed very clean and safe. I haven't been to 7-Mile or any other Cayman beaches, so I have nothing to compare it to, but we enjoyed ourselves a lot.

We went on the excursion back in April '05. You take a ferry to get their, and it's about a 45 minute ride. The ferry makes only one trip back so, you can't leave early or stay late. On the plus side the 45 minute ferry ride gave the kids time to nap on the way back.

There are a lot of choices on the menu, we go a couple diffent things and shared them. The food was very good.

If you want a quiet out of way beach to relax, this is it.

Here's a great site for pics and info on Rum Point. We went last January and loved it. The food is excellent, it is not crowded, the water is clear and good for snorkeling if you go out far enough (we saw an eel and many fish) and you can take the sting ray excursion through red sail sports if you desire. There are shops if you are looking for a gift or something for the kids. Lots of sand and trees. The water is the prettiest color I think I have ever seen. We are going back in 2 wks. Hope this helps! ~Barb~ www.eandbcaymans.com/2Attractions a Rum Point.htm

Hey, thanks! Those are the pics I checked out earlier that got me interested. We are still talking about options, but are now leaning towards maybe renting a car and just winging it. I was concerned by the amount of shade, as I tend to avoid shade and try to stay in the sun at all times (yes, even in the Caribbean!)

Who knows.. we are still keeping our options open. Thanks for the input!

Just came back last week from a RCCL cruise and I did an excursion through Nativeways sports. It was the stingrays, snorkeling with a stop at Rumpoint and it included lunch.

It was the best excursion! We were on our own private boat the whole time (there were only 8 on the tour with 2 tourguides) and we got such personalized service. They let my kids drive the boat, they dove in to pick up starfish so the kids could take pictures.

They were great at making my kids feel comfortable with the stingrays. They dove for conch shells.

It was really a great day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter