RuGirls at WDW!

Discussion in 'Gay and Lesbian at Disney' started by JamJamFam, Dec 30, 2017.

1. JamJamFam

JamJamFam Earning My Ears

Hi, all!

We are going on our next trip in June, and I am a total Drag Race nerd. There are quite a few Ru girls who have expressed their Dis-nerd status as well. I’m sure I’m not alone at this Disney-Drag Race obsessed intersection.

Has anyone ever ran into any Ru girls at the parks? That would make my whole entire decade if I ran into like, Raven waiting for Space Mountain or something. ❤️☺️

2. rickwelch49525

rickwelch49525 Earning My Ears

We were there at Gay Days a few years ago waiting for the parade above at the train station and saw Shangela wandering around as a boy, but it was clearly her.

I have read the Raven is a big Disney fan and has posted about her trips to Disneyland and that she also travels to Disney World.

But Shangela is the only one I remember seeing there. It seems like I might have seen another, but I can't remember!

JamJamFam and OKW Lover like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. JamJamFam

JamJamFam Earning My Ears

YAAAAS! Raven and Jujubee have both talked a lot about their love for Disney.

5. PlutosRHM55

PlutosRHM55 Pluto's Prince (Haters back off!)

I think I knew someone who ran into Raven in Magic Kingdom once. I never heard a lot of the Ru girls say they liked Disney so this is the best revelation I've herad yet. I knew Ginger, Coco & Cynthia all hail from Orlando, but never knew there were DisNerds too. I would die if I ever met one in the parks. I've already met Shangela in a M&G setting on New Year's Eve, but omg meeting most any Ru queen out of drag in any park would kill me. Personally, I'd love to catch them at a M&G with Daisy because she basically is a drag icon.

6. Catvondita

Catvondita A Quirky Strange Girl in a Disney World

I've never met/seen any of the Ru Queens but I would freak out if I saw any of them. Especially if I saw Adore, Manilla, Kimchi or my squeeze Ms. Alyssa Edwards <3

7. jade'nsuch

jade'nsuch Earning My Ears

I would swear on my cat that I saw Raven at Disney World! Granted it was pouring absolute buckets, I was trying to stay upright as we made our way INTO MK while she was on her way out, but it was just one of those things where I saw her (out of drag obviously) and I just liked stopped walking lol my friend had to turn around to make sure I didn't get swept back out of the park. The rest of my day was filled with pixie dust moments (free churro and pretzels, courtesy of some amazing CMs) so I am going to forever believe I also saw Raven that day.

I have to say, to this day, I'm still not sure I actually saw her, but I feel completely validated by this post lol

Catvondita likes this.