Rude CM tonight for dining plan ques.

timandlesley

<font color=darkorchid>The tag fairy may not but t
I called tonight after asking questions about Cap'n Jacks in another thread to see if the lobster meal (retails at around 31 dollars pp) were included in the dining plan. . .I got the RUDEST CM, I almost hung up. I was very pleasant and asked if there was a number that I could have to call Cap'n Jacks directly to see if the lobster was included b/c I had no luck finding the number online or through our local 411 service. She immediately told me Cap'n Jacks wasn't included in the dining plan. I said, "I looked online today and it was included' she said "I'm looking right now and it isn't here. . .we have Carribean beach resorts, Polynesian, etc. etc. I said "Well, it's in the Downtown Disney section" Then she snapped at me and said "I am perfectly aware of where it is located ma'm" GEEZ, why the attitude??? I said, "I'm really confused here because I'm looking at the WDW website and it is included. She put me onhold for awhile and came back with an entirely different and pleasant tone telling me she just called Cap'n Jacks they are included on the plan and they do have the lobster included in the plan and no extra charge would be added. She then said "Well that is informative for me it must have just been added". As far as I know Cap'n Jacks has been on there since the plan was released, but maybe I'm mistaken. I just hate it when you get rude CM's, it doesn't make it "magical" for me : )
Lesley

I wouldn't take it to heart. Working in a call center myself, believe me, we ALL have bad days! :) She must've realized how rude she sounded, especially since she came back on the line with a more pleasant tone. I know it's no excuse, but it's probably not you, the CM was probably just cranky for having to work on a Sunday night :)

You're on the phone talking to someone in Kansas City, most likely...There isn't anything magical about it. Next time follow your insticts and just hang up and try again. The next CM will be better. WDW is magical, not talking to CRO on the phone... pirate:

Interesting. . .so the call center is in Kansas City? That is funny, we are sending in our final payment for our package tonight and the address was Atlanta Georgia, my husband couldn't believe it. Guess Disney has their employees all over the country : )

Lesley

timandlesley said:
Interesting. . .so the call center is in Kansas City? That is funny, we are sending in our final payment for our package tonight and the address was Atlanta Georgia, my husband couldn't believe it. Guess Disney has their employees all over the country : )

Lesley

There are several call centers, one is in Orlando and one in Tampa, as well. Can't recall where the others are. I think it would be safe to say that not all the CRO employees have even visited WDW before. Not that that excuses them, though. I think everyone has bad days... sorry you got a rude one tonight =( But glad you got your answer!

HI :wave2: I CALLED EARLY SUNDAY , WITH ONE ?

JUST WANTED TO GO OVER IT , THIS DEAR GIRL HAD KNOW CLUE.
had to call back , PT HUNT AT THE GF

maybe ,she will go over info , a little more , I also was very nice to her

TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS ! :love:

There is a call center in Orlando and there is one in Tampa and at times when Disney is really busy the overflow goes to Call Centers in other locations that Disney has a contract with. These people do not work for Disney, they work for companies that Disney subcontracts work to.

Therefore many times yes you will get an agent that depending on the information that is on her/his screen does not know every little bit of info a guest thinks they should.

I do not excuse anyone being rude, but many times they just get tired of dealing with people who know more than they do.

Plus as the case many times here. What we percieve as rude others don't. You felt she was rude to you and maybe she was, I don't know as I did not hear your conversation. She might have also hung up and said that was the rudest lady that just called, so you see my point.

I just always try to be very pleasant and I am not pleased with the person I am talking to, I just say well thanks and then I call again later. :)

There is a big call center in Kansas City as well, I wasn't kidding. :teeth:
pirate:

I never really thought about it before, but kudos to Disney for keeping the call centers in the US instead of outsourcing them to other countries. I get so aggravated when I call the "support" line for my PC and I can't even understand what the person is saying, much less how to fix my computer problem!

But I guess it's easier for Disney to maintain the illusion that the CMs are all down there in Orlando anxiously waiting on your call by hiring people who live in Kansas than it would be if they used people who live in India.

I agree. . I had to laugh at your PC comment, are you talking about DELL, COME ON, they are horrible. My husband called and to make a long story short she ended up hanging up on him because she couldn't solve the problem, it is ridiculous. I can never understand what they are saying at DELL. At least with Disney I know I will always have someone who is somewhat knowledgeable and usually pleasant and easy to understand.

Lesley

;) Yep, it's Dell!

Tell your DH that I, too, have been hung up on when they didn't know how to fix my problem...she literally said "I have been not trained for that...sorry ma'am." Click!

Don't you just love those Dell commercials where the guy is laying in bed, calling Dell Support at all hours, and each time he gets this wonderful, friendly, knowledgeable support tech?! Puh-LEEZE!

Ariel Wanna-be said:
I never really thought about it before, but kudos to Disney for keeping the call centers in the US instead of outsourcing them to other countries. I get so aggravated when I call the "support" line for my PC and I can't even understand what the person is saying, much less how to fix my computer problem!

But I guess it's easier for Disney to maintain the illusion that the CMs are all down there in Orlando anxiously waiting on your call by hiring people who live in Kansas than it would be if they used people who live in India.

I know you have a DELL :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes I will pray for you and my father ...he has the same complaints!!!!

My good friend has worked in the reservations department of Continental Airlines in Houston for years. For the past year (or more?) they also make WDW resort reservations. She books flights in the morning for Continental, and after lunch she books WDW rooms/packages. They were given training by Disney last year, and more training in December with the MYW implementation. Go figure!

I work in a call center, and I wish we could take Disney calls too...it would certainly break up the monotony of people calling now to complain about the stock market :rotfl2:

(I work in mutual funds).

Probably the same CM who gave me a hard time about making a reservation for dessert only - which I later found out is just fine, as I checked the policy. Anyway, sorry you had a bad experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter