Royal Table, Be Our Guest, or Crystal Palace....again

bellaprincess98

Mouseketeer
We have one day at Magic Kingdom this coming November after our cruise and I'm trying to decide on a nice place for dinner. I have two boys so the Royal Table wont appeal to them much but they might still find it interesting, especially since its actually IN the Castle!

Be our Guest seems cool but not sure about the food options here. The reviews for the food havent been that great.

Finally, Crystal Palace. We've been here a few times, love this place but wanted to try something new.

In conclusion, which restaurant has the best experience & food? I dont mind going back to Crystal Palace if it is the best of the three.

Thank you in advance!

We have one day at Magic Kingdom this coming November after our cruise and I'm trying to decide on a nice place for dinner. I have two boys so the Royal Table wont appeal to them much but they might still find it interesting, especially since its actually IN the Castle!

Be our Guest seems cool but not sure about the food options here. The reviews for the food havent been that great.

Finally, Crystal Palace. We've been here a few times, love this place but wanted to try something new.

In conclusion, which restaurant has the best experience & food? I dont mind going back to Crystal Palace if it is the best of the three.

Thank you in advance!

I can't speak for Crystal Palace, but having eaten at CRT and BOG, I would say either would be great.

BOG has good food (most reviews I've read here on the Disboard have been relatively positive). The food is cut above what is generally available in the MK. At dinner it's a TS venue. The main dining room is huge, so it's not a very quiet/intimate experience. You get to meet the Beast afterwards (if you want). The menu is a la carte so you can choose what you want.

CRT has okay food (nothing really outstanding), but the atmosphere is amazing. Eating inside the castle is great. You take your picture downstairs with Cinderella and then the other princesses come around to the tables while you eat. The boys will get a plastic sword toy (they normally give them to kids and (sometimes) the adults), girls get a wand.

If you've never eaten at CRT or BOG, I would definitely try one of them over going back to Crystal Palace. You never know, you might find a new favorite!

BOG- the food there is so much better than what is served at CRT. We ate both lunch and dinner there during our last visit and enjoyed our meals both times. And the ambiance really needs to be seen to be believed. CRT is fine for a die-hard princess lover, but I think your boys would enjoy BOG more.

I'd highly recommend Be Our Guest. We have three boys, have been to all three of the restaurants on your list and without question, BOG was best all around. Great theming and atmosphere and the boys LOVED the West Wing. It was their first choice, but they'd like to try the ballroom next time. The food was fine - we have one picky eater, one adventurous and one in between. Everyone enjoyed it. I'd say BOG and Liberty Tree offer the best TS food in MK, which isn't to say it's outstanding, but it's very good for park food. The atmosphere is far more calm than CRT or Crystal Palace, and it was nice to be able to order a glass of wine with dinner. Finally, our boys were much more interested in meeting the Beast after dinner than CRT princesses.

I do think it's fun to eat at CRT at least once, but it's not on our regular rotation. As for the swords, they can be a positive or a negative for our three boys. :) I had already been to CRT many times before it became a princess meal for dinner, and our more recent experience was when our youngest was in a temporary princess phase. Food was fine, but not nearly as good as Be Our Guest. Also not a fan of the fixed pricing - it's a good value for some, but not for our middle son (a pre-teen disney adult) or for me - we don't eat a ton. I'd probably only invest in CRT again if we were traveling with a princess fan!

Crystal Palace - well, you know what that's like. It's been fun with tiny ones who are Pooh fans, but we're not crazy about the food or buffet style dining generally. So Crystal Palace, while fun, doesn't rank very high on our list.

BOG- the food there is so much better than what is served at CRT. We ate both lunch and dinner there during our last visit and enjoyed our meals both times. And the ambiance really needs to be seen to be believed. CRT is fine for a die-hard princess lover, but I think your boys would enjoy BOG more.

Agreed!

Thank you all! Talked to my boys about it and they both agreed that BOG was the right choice. Now if only I don't run into trouble booking a table! Does anyone know if it will work if I wait til midnight, will I have a better shot?

bellaprincess98 said:
Thank you all! Talked to my boys about it and they both agreed that BOG was the right choice. Now if only I don't run into trouble booking a table! Does anyone know if it will work if I wait til midnight, will I have a better shot?

My experience has been that 180 days out it is already booked up, so go as early as you can for your 180+ mark, be online at 6 am, logged in and ready, to get the spot.

Good luck!

My experience has been that 180 days out it is already booked up, so go as early as you can for your 180+ mark, be online at 6 am, logged in and ready, to get the spot.

Good luck!

Wow that's crazy! I guess I'll be getting up before sunrise!

I agree with being on your computer, ready to book the day youy 180 arrives. I booked BOG at 7:02 this morning, and right now, they have no seating available.:surfweb:

I would do BOG. I thought CP was the worst meal we have had at Disney. I like CRT but the price keeps us away most trips but we have girls that LOVE the princesses! Another idea is Ohana at the Polynesian too.

I was online at 5:00 a.m. to book BOG for 11/1. That was exaclty our 180 day mark and it was completely sold out. Tried calling the next day for 11/8 and was able to get 4:40 dinner reservations. My DD called the next day to add on to my reservation and they were booked.

If you can't get BOG then definitely try CRT or even go over to the GF and try 1900s Park Fare with the Cinderella, Prince Charming, wicked step-mother and the step sisters. We really enjoyed that one and if you get the step sisters to sing that was the best!

5am and still cant get a ressie! I think I'll try midnight instead. Would that work? When are the reservations open from? I wonder

This sounds a little silly....but I work nites and I'll check online for hard to get resides. Maybe they update during the nite. It's worth a shot for hard to get ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter