• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Royal rooms oak manor or parterre place.

Patrickprincess

faith trust and pixie dust
I have a trip booked for the royal guest room and i'm just wondering what buliding to stay in oak manor or parterre place. I have the garden veiw booked. I stayed in oak manor last year but that was the standard veiw.

We stayed in Parterre Place last year. We requested it because it is the building closest to POFQ and we knew we were going to frequent over there (beignets, pool). Oak Manor is closer to Boatwrights and the Riverside section. Both buildings are next to each other and look the same so its a matter of where you want to be.

I would ask for Oak Manor side near to Magnolia Terrace. You will be close to Old Man Island pool, a quick walk around pool to food court. And close to East Bus depot.
We stayed in Parterre Place in the very end. Was almost in FQ :rolleyes: long walk to main pool and East Depot. We don't like main bus depot, it's too crowded and chaotic.
Our fav locations have been Magnolia Terrace & Acadian House, but they aren't Royal Rooms :)

Our choice is Oak Manor. We felt it was a little more central in the resort; closer to the main pool, the bridge that goes to the marina and food court and games room. No matter where your room ends up ... I am sure you wil be happy to be back ... it is a beautiful resort.

I asked for Oak Manor near the bridge. We were garden view and I loved our room location. We were close to the bridge over to Old Man Island, and even closer to the one that wemt near the front of the resort for the bus. Our room overlooked the central fountain on the Oak Manor lawn.

After strongly disliking CBR, I was worried about POR, but I really liked it.

I didn't make a request but was put in a room in Oak Manor facing the courtyard. Great spot for a standard room.

Oak Manor. Closer to the main buildings and quiet pool. Parterre is prettier aesthetically, but the rooms all look the same inside. And if you choose Parterre because it's closest to POFQ, remember that you still have to walk towards POFQ, across the bridge, down the ramp back towards POR, and then back down the path to POFQ. Actually, Oak Manor is probably closer to the other bridge that cuts right over to the path to POFQ.

I asked for Oak Manor near the bridge. We were garden view and I loved our room location. We were close to the bridge over to Old Man Island, and even closer to the one that wemt near the front of the resort for the bus. Our room overlooked the central fountain on the Oak Manor lawn.

That is my request for my April trip! Can hardly wait!:thumbsup2

The voice of dissent here. We absolutely LOVED our room in Parterre Place. I knew everyone asks for Oak so I specifically requested Parterre and we had an amazing room overlooking the garden, fountain, and river in the distance. It was also convenient as we were in the center of the building next to the elevator and stairs. Easy access to the parking lot and walkways. Honestly, it wasn't much further to walk to the bridge or main buildings either.

We stayed in oak manor last year and loved the location. Also, it seemed to be much better to use the main bus stop at the front of the resort. Get on first and get a seat and coming home get dropped off first. Not much further to walk to it from your room either especially if you are on the river side of the building

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter