• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Royal pacific resort

r2girl

Earning My Ears
Just got back from a 3 nt stay at RPR, Dec 27-30. It is a beautiful resort with some nice restaurants and a nice pool area. I highly recommend staying onsite during busy times. We would not have gotten do many rides if it were not for the express passes and early entry hours. Being able to go to WWOHP before the rest of the masses is priceless. It felt like we had the place to ourselves! It was amazing! That being said, I would like to mention one thing to consider before staying at RPR: the rooms are extremely small. The bathroom area is not set up well for such a small room. As a mom who can't sleep in, even after 8 hours at a theme park, I like get up early and get ready while everyone else sleeps. The shower and toilet are in a small room with a door you can shut. The very small sink /vanity /mirror is in the main room with the beds, only separated by a decorative half wall. You can't turn the light on at the sink, blow dry your hair or anything else without waking everyone up. I found this very annoying.

i stayed in a standard room before and didn't have any issues with it.

i was solo so space was good for me.

since then, i started booking the king suite.

if you need more room, the suites have more than enough room.

rph is a lovely hotel.
the ambiance there is awesome!

It is a weird setup with the bathroom, isn't it?

From our two stays at Portofino Bay, we find their bathroom setup to be much friendlier to a group traveling.

The bathrooms increase in size with the hotels. RPR is the smallest with the toilet and bath inside the door and sink outside (to allow as many people as possible to be getting ready at the same time), HRH has the toilet and bath and a small sink inside the door and another vanity outside the door, and PBH has two sinks, the toilet and the bath/shower inside.

The problem with the sink being inside is that if someone is using the tub/shower or toilet, nobody else can use the bathroom (depending on the age of users of course.)

Funny...I just booked this hotel yesterday and my husband asked
"are the rooms bigger than that Disney hotel you booked last year?"

I just checked..... the room at Port Orleans Riverside 314 sq ft.
The royal pacific 335 sq ft.

so, it is a little bit bigger;)

Because we always do both a Universal room and a Disney room I don't find the Royal Pacific rooms small in comparison. They are on the small side but like the previous poster said I feel just a little more squished at Disney. Although both of them fall into the "good enough" category.. not ideal by any means.

Glad you enjoyed your trip! We LOVE the front of the line perk. I can't imagine going to Universal without it now!

I just booked this past weekend for our first onsite stay at Universal (so excited!!). The setup with sink outside the bath sounds like the bathroom we had in the Dominican Republic hotel we went to in November. It worked for us since nothing can wake up my son. We just could not pass up this hotel since it was cheaper than the other 2 and we don't plan to be in our room that much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter