Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Ahh warm spring weather is the best! We are driving distance to Chicago, but for some reason never go, we usually hit up Denver. We need to make the trip!

I completely love Chicago, although I've not been for a few years now. Downtown is amazing. The lake. The shopping. The aquarium. Michigan Avenue. All of it!!

Ahh warm spring weather is the best! We are driving distance to Chicago, but for some reason never go, we usually hit up Denver. We need to make the trip!

Denver is pretty amazing so I can't fault you for that. But yes, you need to make a trip (just not Nov-Mar!!)

I completely love Chicago, although I've not been for a few years now. Downtown is amazing. The lake. The shopping. The aquarium. Michigan Avenue. All of it!!

Sounds like you are due for a visit :)

So glad to hear your mom is out of the hospital. Continued thoughts and prayers for her.

Wow on your husband's tri training! My training does not compare. Let's see . . . I run a good amount, I went for a quick bike ride with my family last weekend, and I bought a new tri top and matching tri shorts. I think I need to step it up before July! :)

Love the Chicago photos! I was just marveling at the view of the lake last weekend during my run and thinking about how happy I am to live by the lake. I used to miss my days living on the east coast and west coast, but not so much anymore (of course, that's now and not in the winter!)

I know I'm still relatively new to the running community, but every once in a while I feel like I can offer a few "pro tips"

A) Don't eat a metric ton of tater tots for dinner about 20 minutes before your run. Especially if all you ate for lunch was cheezits at your desk.
B) Don't get cocky because you had an awesome tempo run the week prior. Things like hydrating and eating properly are still kind of important. Drinking enough water last week doesn't automatically make you hydrated enough this week.
C) See above about those tater tots...I really mean it...don't do that.

But I ran my tempo and I cut it lil short. I still ran a slowish CD mile to let the (what's the nice way of putting this?) "rumblies" settle down. Later I asked my hubby "should I go back out there to get the rest of my distance" and he was like "you're fine..you did good"
So yeah....tater tots...just don't!

tots.jpg

Omg...why is that so big? I hope this pic doesn't scare anyone.

This is why I run in the mornings. I can eat as many tater tots as I want for dinner and I'll be fine before my run.
Although my tater tots don't usually have eyes ... not sure if that makes a difference.

This is why I run in the mornings. I can eat as many tater tots as I want for dinner and I'll be fine before my run.
Although my tater tots don't usually have eyes ... not sure if that makes a difference.

Yeah, probably should have removed the googly eyes!
Usually I eat dinner and then don't go out until after 8:30pm, so lots of time in between. But yesterday hubby texted me that he'd be home soon if I wanted to get dressed so that I could go run earlier. I got excited and then shoveled all the tots (instead of a proper dinner) and forgot how key "digesting properly" can be.

Tater-tots+running=not good for stomach but great for Blog content!!! Too Funny!!!
YOur Tater-tot guy looks like a Minion :)

Well, at least I can be proud that I did reasonably well despite experiencing some "adversity?" I'm going to be both smarter and less tot-filled for my next two runs!

One time I ate crumb cake and chocolate covered pretzels before my run. It was not pretty so I can imagine what tater-tots would do.

One time I ate crumb cake and chocolate covered pretzels before my run. It was not pretty so I can imagine what tater-tots would do.

My daughter is doing this new thing where she asks if something is healthy or if it will just come out in the bathroom. I had been trying to teach her about the body using the good stuff and getting rid of the stuff we don't need or that it is done with, in an effort to get her not to beg for so much Easter candy and to eat her veggies. She's become fixated with this now. Maybe I should be as concerned as her next time!

My daughter is doing this new thing where she asks if something is healthy or if it will just come out in the bathroom. I had been trying to teach her about the body using the good stuff and getting rid of the stuff we don't need or that it is done with, in an effort to get her not to beg for so much Easter candy and to eat her veggies. She's become fixated with this now. Maybe I should be as concerned as her next time!
:rotfl2:I think most people could use to give their eating habits that sort of consideration.

If anyone has ever been on the fence about visiting Chicago; here's why I love it so much (in the spring through fall...not the winter!!!)
I love Chicago. If I could live in any "big city" that I haven't already lived in (SF, LA, DC), it would be Chicago. We have family there, so we're there every couple of years for weddings, etc. No trip planned this year and I'M SO SAD ABOUT IT.

Don't eat a metric ton of tater tots
On one level, I get this. On the other hand, now all I want are tater tots with old bay.

I love Chicago. If I could live in any "big city" that I haven't already lived in (SF, LA, DC), it would be Chicago. We have family there, so we're there every couple of years for weddings, etc. No trip planned this year and I'M SO SAD ABOUT IT.

On one level, I get this. On the other hand, now all I want are tater tots with old bay.

Never had tots with old bay but I do enjoy it when its on french fries, so maybe I'll have to try that out. I may be off tots for a lil while though :/

Do not speak ill of tater tots!!!!

For real though...sounds like a tough run!

It could have been worse and I honestly don't have very many GI issues with running specifically...usually my biggest tummy issues are related to race nerves. So I'll just chalk it up to another thing that makes me an official runner...cause it happens to everyone right?
Highly looking forward to a more normal run tomorrow.

P.S. I maybe tripped over my husband's bike trainer in the laundry room while trying to screw in a lightbulb while barefoot and possibly bruised the toe next to my baby toe. It's totally fine...lil bit purple...but fine...as long as I don't like poke it hard. I'm wearing my sneakers right now and it's ok so it'll be really ok by Tink. But GAH...I screamed a "DOODLEYDIDDLEY" type word when it happened out of terror/frustration! I remember other folks having taper madness and wanting to bubble wrap themselves...looks like I may need to start that early!

Yay! Show us a picture!

And it's snowing here today... WHAT?! I hope that doesn't blow to you over the weekend and you have really great weather!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter