Round the (Disney) World in 50 Days - DL, HKDL, TDL, DLP & WDW (Travel Started)

calurduran

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. One of my passions in life, aside from the obvious love of Disney, is collecting hotel and airline miles/points. I cashed basically all of them in to take a trip around the world, with stops at every Disney park. I found the trip reports on the DIS to be invaluable in planning the international portions so I'd like to give back. I'm chronicling my trip here for any who want to follow along. I'd post the entire thing here but there are a few other communities (Flyertalk, Chowhound) and it seemed easier to do it this way. Every so often I'll post a link in this thread but I'm going to be updating every day or two. Any feedback or questions are welcome!

Day 1 is up here.

Thanks! Writing it has been a good link to being back home. I think during the planning of the whole thing I did not anticipate that being alone for 6 weeks is quite daunting!

For completeness I will keep posting the updates in this thread, but the next five or so will be about travel (flights, hotels, etc.) as my next Disney day was a brief stop in Hong Kong Disneyland on Day 10 of the trip.

Here is Day 5, covering getting from Anaheim to Chicago.

I'm beyond excited for Tokyo Disney in a few days!

I'm glad people have been enjoying it. As you can read here in more detail, blogging may or may not get paused for a bit as my laptop is dead and is about to be shipped back to the states. I'm doing my blogging on an iPad and a wireless keyboard right now and, while that's fine for getting the words written up, Blogger is a pain in the *** to deal with on an iPad (especially with all the photos) and I think I'd rather enjoy the vacation than try and spend three hours every night fighting to get a blog post up.

BUT - I am 100% committed to continuing once I have access to a regular computer (or a better blogging app) and that's why I'm still going to write entries every night. Should make it much quicker to get them posted once I do get a computer. Look to this thread for updates whenever I post a new entry, whether that be in a day, a week or a month.

Sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the next up-date. AWESOME report!

Good news: I think I've found a decent blogging app that should allow me to continue the trip report, albeit on a slightly slower pace (possibly every other day instead of every day). We'll see.

Anyway, here's the next day's travel, which included the flight from ZRH to HKG and the Hyatt Regency Tsim Sha Tsui.

Whew. I just spent the past four days enjoying every minute of the most beautiful theme parks in the world here in Tokyo. Now back to the trip report.

Day 10 is here and it is comprised of Hong Kong Disneyland and a few other things. Tiny park, big entry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter