RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so surprised that the app didn't crash. I got BG 25 and in line now. I don't care about waiting until 7am but controlled walk meant we only got to do SR inside of 20 minutes As the line was 60 Min by the time we got out.

Was SR already filled up with the media group do you think? I noticed at 8am it was posting a wait of 120 minutes which seems unusually high for that time. We are planning to hit SR first no matter what because of the one way traffic flow into TSL, but we’re hoping to get coffee first.

Yikes that is short. Our break is 12/23-1/3.
It's not *that* short (NYC public here) - the actual break days are 12/21 (Sat) - 1/1. It will be the longest WDW trip we've taken. And we get a week in February and a week in April/Easter.

I get that people there today, are grumpy about the change.

However, all these people showed up early based on third hand info, or internet info on how to tackle something that been operational for 2 weeks.

Disney never said come early. They opened at their published time. Everything they communicated to the public jives with how they operated today. The fact they gave people some pixie dust and opened early up until now is a little torturous to some.

I think the travel agent event may have instigated the change, but I think the change is now here for good. They could not handle that operationally long term.

Maybe if they want to do FOP style and open just Rotr and hour early that's fine, but you can't expect the whole park to be ready to at randomly early opening times.

In short, bummer for you folks that were there early this morning, but you now the game has changed again, adjust accordingly.

all in all the number 1 thing people NEED to understand is that Disney operates on "times subject to change" so, for them, opening early, on time or later is all done on a need to do basis.
Obviously Disney would rather never open late, but if they see a need to open early they will. If they are waiting for 7am to release bg, they will do so.
You can be upset and angry about it all you want, and your feelings are valid, but in the end their hours are subject to change.
And I'm not apologizing for Disney in any way because there's nothing to apologize for
I stand with what I've said all along: arrive an hour before official opening time and you should be ok

In short, bummer for you folks that were there early this morning, but you now the game has changed again, adjust accordingly.
But Is this change going to happen tomorrow? Nobody knows for certain. It’s hard to adjust when you’re there and trying to figure out what to do.

Can you expand any more on what’s going on with it? Or point me to a place i might find more information? I admit I have not read all 250 pages of this thread. I’m very interested in the issues that are going on though and can’t seem to find any information anywhere. I spend most of my time over on the rumors and news board where people don’t want to say anything so as not to post spoilers over there.
The "word" is some issues require a reboot. Posters have said a full reboot takes 2-2.5 hours. Guests in the que area get a snack break and meet n greet. Guests in the ride section get evacuated and are issued a FP.

It's not *that* short (NYC public here) - the actual break days are 12/21 (Sat) - 1/1. It will be the longest WDW trip we've taken. And we get a week in February and a week in April/Easter.

Just seems odd to go back on Thursday of a holiday week, but hey, schools do weird things!

I must have missed it...what did they do today to change park opening procedure?

They let people in the tapstlyes around the same time as they’ve been doing, but held people further in on Hollywood Blvd until 7am and didn’t open the boarding groups until 7am. So the large mass of people in the park at 7am were all opening the app / joining BGs at the same time. CMs were announcing the boarding groups would be available to join at 7am while people were waiting in line to enter the park.

Perhaps related, or maybe not, there was a TA event at SWGE/RotR in the early morning hours which may or may not have been why they tinkered with procedures.

But Is this change going to happen tomorrow? Nobody knows for certain. It’s hard to adjust when you’re there and trying to figure out what to do.
According to your profile, you've been on the Dis since 2012.

In your history here, have you found that disney gave people a ton of extra stuff for free long term? Or do they tend to plus something, then ratchet it back bit by bit, then figure out a way to monetize it?

All historical indicators suggest that this mornings change will continue to be the new norm. It saves money, it saves a lot of money. They let guests in early as guinea pigs. Call it what you want, but they got people to pay for the soft opening of RotR. Now they transitioned into normal operations, just as the holiday season ramps up.

My money is on them opening at the published schedule from now on. This is the way.

They let people in the tapstlyes around the same time as they’ve been doing, held people further in on Hollywood Blvd until 7am, and didn’t open the boarding groups until 7am. So the large mass of people in the park at 7am were all opening the app / joining BGs at the same time. CMs were announcing the 7am boarding groups while people were waiting in line to enter the park.

Was the advertised opening time 7?

FWIW Touring Plans hasn't pegged the "actual" DHS crowd level over 5 since ROTR opened. Lots of headspace to the opening to get much, much crazier.

By making that statement, I’m assuming the app can withstand a few thousand people all hitting it at once - something which needs to be proven out over time.

It usually holds up OK with thousands of people jumping in every morning to book FPs. Then again that happens at...oh s***, 7AM Eastern...

And, on another, but related, topic--No, the frenzy for RotR hasn't cut the wait times for FoP--at least not that I noticed and I was at DAK several mornings after RotR opened and saw 3- and 4-hour standby wait times for FoP. The worst I saw was 2 days ago. We had 9 a.m. FP+s for FoP (booked at 60+7) and the standby line was 4 hours.

Christmas at Disney World everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter