RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time did initial BG fill? Looks like backups are still available (8:42am ET).

Seems possible the hold up on Hollywood was due to the travel agency event and not the "new" BG release time.

Last edited:
They got through the Backup BG’s yesterday. The Backup starting # was listed on the Ap. Although (at this time) they aren’t listing when the Backup #’s start for today
AC4351C4-FB59-488A-8420-F8D9D9B6479A.png
71E700DE-A10A-4484-B6C3-5DD13D9647FB.jpeg

Just following along to keep up with the process for our arrival next week.
I'm confused why the change they did this morning is even remotely considered a failure or negative (be it temporary or perm)
I see nothing but positive things about their no opening boarding groups until park opening. Or rides. What am I missing?
Doesn't it mean you don't have to get there are o'dark'thirty? Unless I'm missing something big, I love this change.

So I'm assuming that when they open at 6am during Christmas, they will open the boarding groups at 6? I guess at least we won't have to get up at 3:30am but it still makes me nervous that with the increased crowds, we will get shut out.

Laurie
Never assume anything. Continue monitoring the boards as much as you can and still plan to be there early. I would say an hour before official park opening

Just got the link to see the post for myself - wasn’t sure if I can share the agency so I tried to cut that out.
Another post following this morning’s special event.
View attachment 459263
I think there were a number of agencies that had meetings with Disney starting yesterday - including Pete from the DIS/Dreams Unlimited so wondering if he was there

This is the Earmarked Owners Summit, so, yes, it will be interesting to see if this was a one-off. I really hope not. While I'm sorry people were guinea pigs for a new system this morning, I, for one, hope they continue opening the VQ at published, park opening. I think it is completely unfair to everyone to publish an opening time for a park and then actually open it at earlier, random times every day. They need to pick a time and stick to it so every guest can plan accordingly and accurately.

We plan to go on Friday so most anxious to see how they handle tomorrow’s opening ... knowing of course that things still might change on Friday.

I am confused why some bloggers are approaching this as it's a new process, when it being a temp adjustment for the Media event makes the most sense. I have to think one morning is too early to assume anything

E
This is the Earmarked Owners Summit, so, yes, it will be interesting to see if this was a one-off. I really hope not. While I'm sorry people were guinea pigs for a new system this morning, I, for one, hope they continue opening the VQ at published, park opening. I think it is completely unfair to everyone to publish an opening time for a park and then actually open it at earlier, random times every day. They need to pick a time and stick to it so every guest can plan accordingly and accurately.
Even if the park is advertised as opening at 7am, 8am... people will still turn up at 4.30 am, to be at the front. If the staff are willing to do it, or for safety reasons they will want people in. They want people to get their tickets worth/start spending in the park. It’s a pain if the opening times are all over the place, but the amount of people outside will determine opening & if it is an issue. Perhaps things will calm down a little over the next few months? It seems they are still trying to figure out what works best. Unfortunately they need guinea pigs to figure stuff out.

I'm confused why the change they did this morning is even remotely considered a failure or negative (be it temporary or perm)
I see nothing but positive things about their no opening boarding groups until park opening. Or rides. What am I missing?
Doesn't it mean you don't have to get there are o'dark'thirty? Unless I'm missing something big, I love this change.

I personally see it as a good thing. The more they stick to a consistent and known time to open boarding groups (in this case, posted park opening) rather than an amorphous ‘whenever the tapstyles open’ is a good thing, in my opinion. By making that statement, I’m assuming the app can withstand a few thousand people all hitting it at once - something which needs to be proven out over time.

That takes away the advantage for the ones aggressive enough to be among the first in the park and it puts everyone who arrives and enters the park PPO on the same level. That will be a disadvantage to some. A positive for others.

If this becomes the standard (and the app can handle it), no issues with me. In my humble opinion.

E

Even if the park is advertised as opening at 7am, 8am... people will still turn up at 4.30 am, to be at the front. If the staff are willing to do it, or for safety reasons they will want people in. They want people to get their tickets worth/start spending in the park. It’s a pain if the opening times are all over the place, but the amount of people outside will determine opening & if it is an issue. Perhaps things will calm down a little over the next few months? It seems they are still trying to figure out what works best. Unfortunately they need guinea pigs to figure stuff out.
Opening the park to allow guests in at random times based on crowds and opening the park for full operations at random times are two totally different things. They can easily do the first and keep the second at a constant, published time. There is NO reason to randomly open attractions based on crowds. People get their monies worth of their ticket by the parking opening operations at a published time.

I personally see it as a good thing. The more they stick to a consistent and known time to open boarding groups (in this case, posted park opening) rather than an amorphous ‘whenever the tapstyles open’ is a good thing, in my opinion. By making that statement, I’m assuming the app can withstand a few thousand people all hitting it at once - something which needs to be proven out over time.

That takes away the advantage for the ones aggressive enough to be among the first in the park and it puts everyone who arrives and enters the park PPO on the same level. That will be a disadvantage to some. A positive for others.

If this becomes the standard (and the app can handle it), no issues with me. In my humble opinion.
I thought about the app too. But, I didn't hear any outrage that the app wasn't working. So maybe?

We were pretty excited to catch a bus from the Poly at 5:41 and get there at 6 only to find out we all had the same chance at 7. Got boarding group 41 so still waiting.

I think it can be a negative because it takes away any control the visitor may have over getting a BG that suits them. Up to this point, if you want to ride, and especially if you want to ride early (say it's your last day, and you have to head to the airport mid-afternoon), you get there early and get a lower BG. Now, you have no control over your BG. As some folks reported above, they were on the app right away and instead of getting BG 7,8, 9, or 10, getting to go ride early and get on with their day, they were in 17, or even 34. That can be a big difference, depending on how the ride's operating.

Also, it can be super fun to get in a bit "early" and get a couple of rides in while lines are short. Just a bit of pixie dust that starts the day off great. Being held on Hollywood Blvd in the middle of a huge crowd until exactly 7 am doesn't have the same feeling.

You cannot navigate a single page of this website without a pop-up ad. I shudder to think of how much malware has been put on my phone in the last month. But anyway, were they holding people til 7 this morning?
One app will fix you right up.
AdBlock Plus
No setting to futz with and works on iOS, Mac, PC, Andriod, all of them

Opening the park to allow guests in at random times based on crowds and opening the park for full operations at random times are two totally different things. They can easily do the first and keep the second at a constant, published time. There is NO reason to randomly open attractions based on crowds. People get their monies worth of their ticket by the parking opening operations at a published time.
Considering the amount of people that are showing up before the land opens, they can’t do both at the same time because?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter