RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of us here are already at an advantage following this thread.

In this situation there is no way to make everyone happy.

Very true.

I still think first come first serve by way of the VQ is the most common sense way of doing it, by that I mean it’s what people would assume happens without doing research into the intricacies of Disney touring.

So in FastPass line but not moving, appears they are letting paper passes on first so standing for now

No SW merch at Once. CM said to check Keystone Clothiers, Mickeys, and 5 & 10. ST exit shop had a black shirt.

anyone bored enough to sit by the exit and count the rate of people exiting the attraction now that it is running? Do we know the anticipated rider rate if all is functioning as intended?

Just to clarify, as we fly in tomorrow evening. We plan to go to HS on Sunday morning and Monday morning. So CMs are scheduled to be at work at 6 on Sunday and 8 on Monday? I want to be there at opening - whatever time that's going to be.
Correct. Remember RotR is not part of EMH for Sunday but you will have the advantage as a resort guest to join the VQ before regular park guests.

People could have researched this to death ahead of time, but nobody knew about the virtual ride queue, or inability to ride standby opening day. And I’m not sure anybody could have predicted the boarding groups would be full before the park officially opened.

Or did they? Maybe it’s just me. Lol.
The could have researched and saw that VQ was part of SWGE opening day for both coasts, also research on how to join. We were all expecting the VQ to kick in, if you see discussion on the merchandise and restaurant thread people were booking reservation to guarantee access to the land.
We did not know that there wouldn't be a standby, but if you are coming knowing that this is the most anticipated attraction in Disney history, that it's SW related, and you were planning on riding it, you knew to be at the park extra early
What people forget is that Pandora had CM, DVC,AP previews and still on opening weekend the land hit capacity, making people stand in a physical queue for hours just to get inside and then queue again for hours to ride FoP.
Disney wants you doing other things, the VQ is great for that

anyone bored enough to sit by the exit and count the rate of people exiting the attraction now that it is running? Do we know the anticipated rider rate if all is functioning as intended?
I sat by the exit yesterday for about 40 minutes while playing with the datapad's new Resistance game, each pod escaped every minute or so.

What has been people's experience in terms of time of the experience.
Provided it's running. How long from your first experience in the attraction to the time you end, including any pre-shows etc?

For the early opening, my guess is most of the people waiting in line just wanted to be early for the ride. These people were going to be there regardless and opening the gates based on their presence doesn't really change anything because they were going to be there anyway - waiting until the designated 9AM time that the park was to be opened.

I agree that maybe a disclaimer that says the park could possibly open earlier could be useful but I honestly don't think that posting an earlier opening time changes the dynamics that much other than making the people who are determined to ride get there even EARLIER than the new posted opening time.

So you still have the same issues with capacity, you're just shifting the time where it hits that number. I honestly can't think of a better way to do it especially if they're simply gauging whether or not to open the gates based on the crowd that's already arrived.

That's what I was doing about an hour ago, but then the ride broke down before I could get enough data to be meaningful. But it as around 12 guests per minute, which is very low.

FastPass queue does not put you further up the queue. Having to go through same scenes.

@yulilin3 appreciate the info you're sharing! What time would you recommend showing up on Wednesday? What time would you guess the park might open given CM schedules?

The could have researched and saw that VQ was part of SWGE opening day for both coasts, also research on how to join. We were all expecting the VQ to kick in, if you see discussion on the merchandise and restaurant thread people were booking reservation to guarantee access to the land.
We did not know that there wouldn't be a standby, but if you are coming knowing that this is the most anticipated attraction in Disney history, that it's SW related, and you were planning on riding it, you knew to be at the park extra early
What people forget is that Pandora had CM, DVC,AP previews and still on opening weekend the land hit capacity, making people stand in a physical queue for hours just to get inside and then queue again for hours to ride FoP.
Disney wants you doing other things, the VQ is great for that

Yes, but wasn't the VQ only to get into the land? And wasn’t that dropped by late morning/mid afternoon opening day, and then anyone could get in?

I’m just saying if people are researching and basing what they should do based on opening day experiences for the land itself, I can see why some people would have thought to go later in the day yesterday.

What has been people's experience in terms of time of the experience.
Provided it's running. How long from your first experience in the attraction to the time you end, including any pre-shows etc?
I did it 4 timmes on media day. First time it was at 7am when it opened and there was no one. So I'm not counting that
all 3 other times total wait from pre show to exit was about an hour from preshow to exit. with 30 to 40 min wait between hangar and interrogation room (for specifics you can read the RotR review thread)

Pandora opened pre park opening for a long time but was never operated in a manner that completely cut off a guest’s ability to ride the ride if they chose to wait in line (with the exception of that period of time where they would cut the standby line off later in the day which happened for a bit that opening summer)....so while somewhat analogous, there are some fundamental differences here given the surprise use of the VQ for the ride.

It does sound like the VQ is the best alternative to deal with the peculiarities of this particular ride and its operating habits so far though.
This part is what’s important. VQ is a game changer because it costs you nothing to join a BG. AT some point (maybe 5 hours long) people will stop getting in a line. The big miss here by Disney is not restricting people to one BG. When you got off FoP and saw a 3-5 hour line...most people moved on with their day which allowed more people to get at least 1 ride (and thus meant that even those showing up at 10 or 11am had the option to join the VERY long line). With VQ there is really no pain point to join another group...

so 12 a minute, or 720 an hour. That is fairly low.

I wonder what their strategy for reducing load is? Fewer people per ride vehicle? slower dispatch of vehicles? Fewer people allowed via boarding group at entrance?
When it's running to people see open spots, slots or whatever where someone else could have experienced it with you?

Not sure how We’d will be. Would better they still open early just not sure if it will be at 6. I would monitor Monday and Tuesday to see what they do after the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter