RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be at HS on December 20th. I have rsvp for Droid Depot at 6:30pm and then Oga's at 8pm. All of our fp's are from 3pm to 6pm. So we planned everything out accordingly cause the crowds during this time of year are insane, even the slightest deviation could result in hours of waiting. But it sounds like it should work out as long as I can leave and come back. I stay offsite though so that 2hr window is a little tight but should be fine. Thanks for all the help

One more FYI😊 everyone has to be in the park to book their BG

I'm hoping they keep the BGs until the end of the month, at least. My wife can't take standing 3 hours in a line and we'd have to skip this if they go with long lines. The VQ is much better and worth having to get up early to get a spot. We'll just go do other things until it's time. Good to hear we can leave and come back too.

I loved the opening yesterday. I went there at 7:30 am hoping to get lucky before we had to leave to fly back to Toronto at 10:30am. Unfortunately I could only get a night time boarding group, oh well not the end of the world but then......Disney gave 1 day park hopper tickets to people who couldn't get on yesterday. So our family of 7 each got a ticket good till the end of 2030 for a ride we couldn't even go on anyway at night time, woohoooooo!!!!!!!!! Just wish we could use them towards our annual passes but its ok we will use them some year when we decide to not have annual passes.

Last edited:
Yes you can remove yourself from a boarding group, I’m not sure if it will let you rebook once you cancel out.

I asked this morning and was told no. I really wish you could see what boating group is being distributed, or at the very least they kept the estimated return time from yesterday even if it was as vague as “afternoon”

I've been updating CM schedules for 2 weeks here, we knew the park would be ready to open earlier, myself and others have been saying to arrive at 5am or 6am

thanks for all info - very helpful. What is outlook for tomorrow and rest of week re:cm schedules?

2 silly questions -
(1) when your BG is called, how long is the wait in line before you actually ride?
(2) how exactly does MDE notify you when your BG is up? I don't remember ever being notified about anything by MDE before.

TIA!

2 silly questions -
(1) when your BG is called, how long is the wait in line before you actually ride?
(2) how exactly does MDE notify you when your BG is up? I don't remember ever being notified about anything by MDE before.

TIA!
MDE will send a push notification. Make sure notifications are turned on in settings on your device.

Just wanted to contribute my experience. We got to the park at about 7:15. Got boarding group 45. Boarding groups moved very slow all morning. But around 12:15 things picked up. Went from 29 to 45 in about an hour and 30/45 min. Our group was summoned just before 2. Entered the queue at 2:15. Now waiting. We were moving pretty good at first but are now at a standstill.

We'll be at HS on December 20th. I have rsvp for Droid Depot at 6:30pm and then Oga's at 8pm. All of our fp's are from 3pm to 6pm. So we planned everything out accordingly cause the crowds during this time of year are insane, even the slightest deviation could result in hours of waiting. But it sounds like it should work out as long as I can leave and come back. I stay offsite though so that 2hr window is a little tight but should be fine. Thanks for all the help

that seems far enough away that things could easily change before then. I would keep an eye on this board for how things are going day to day. Good luck and have a good trip!

I got group 44 at about 7:15am. Finally called at 1:44. App never gave a time estimate. Just had a progress bar. Went from 40 to 44 while I was on ToT. By the time I walked over it was up to 46. In line at 1:56. Stopped just outside the second room. Reached first preshow at 2:18. Boarded at 2:41. Off at 2:47. Wow!! I knew almost nothing going in and I’m glad. What a great attraction.

We got group 49 around 7:30. We went back to the resort when the ride went down. We are back in the park and just got called to the ride around 3pm.

Last edited:
It seems at present time, if no breakdowns, they should get thru all the birding groups well before closing. I highest number I saw posted was in the upper 80’s.

Maybe a dumb question, but how would one go about determining the *real* park opening time, as opposed to the posted opening? Just show up at 5:30 and hope for the best?

@yulilin3 Do you mind if I ask you some questions to strategize for our trip two weeks for today?

We were planning to hit DHS on Sunday, Dec 22 to take advantage of EMH. Do you think the park will open before EMH, and will ROTR possibly be running even though they said it wouldn't? I was planning on getting there at 7 so that we could tap in and grab a boarding group and maybe a coffee if one of the coffee spots is open before heading to TSL once the park officially opens. Would we be OK or should we aim for an earlier arrival?

We were planning to hit AK on Dec 25 which also has a EMH that day, were going to get there just before 8. We have a FP for FoP but were planning to ride Navi maybe once or twice before then. Do you think Pandora will open earlier than 8?

Thanks!

Maybe a dumb question, but how would one go about determining the *real* park opening time, as opposed to the posted opening? Just show up at 5:30 and hope for the best?

From my limited understanding and what @yulilin3 posted earlier, the CMs were scheduled to be ready to open at 6AM this week. That wasn't a guarantee they'd open at that time, just that they'd be prepared to do so just in case.

She subsequently mentioned that CMs are scheduled to be ready to open the park at 8AM starting on Monday. Whether or not they actually let people in an hour early it's tough to say. On Wednesday I plan on being there around 6AM. If they don't open until 9, I'll find ways to occupy my time. But I definitely need to maximize my chances of getting on the ride so if they do open at 8AM or earlier, I'll be ready.

Basically, the "real" park opening time is the posted time. Opening any earlier is subject to the preparation of Cast Members as well as a decision from Operations. Nothing is 100% certain.

@yulilin3 Do you mind if I ask you some questions to strategize for our trip two weeks for today?

We were planning to hit DHS on Sunday, Dec 22 to take advantage of EMH. Do you think the park will open before EMH, and will ROTR possibly be running even though they said it wouldn't? I was planning on getting there at 7 so that we could tap in and grab a boarding group and maybe a coffee if one of the coffee spots is open before heading to TSL once the park officially opens. Would we be OK or should we aim for an earlier arrival?

We were planning to hit AK on Dec 25 which also has a EMH that day, were going to get there just before 8. We have a FP for FoP but were planning to ride Navi maybe once or twice before then. Do you think Pandora will open earlier than 8?

Thanks!
Just so you're ahead i would be at the park one hour before opening, even for emh. The good thing is that you will have a couple of sundays to see if they do open earlier

Can an ECV be ridden to a certain point as in FOP? How much walking/standing is required after the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter