Rotation at Garden Grill - Nervous

I don't know who said it rotates all the way around in an hour. We were there for an hour in January and I don't think we made it half way around. It's slooow and you won't feel it.

I booked lunch at GG for our upcoming trip, thinking that the character interaction would be a lot of fun for my toddler son. I'm starting to get really nervous though, and fear I may have made a big mistake in selecting this restaurant. I do suffer from motion sickness. Am I going to have a problem??

No problems - not like it's spinning - just very slow moving. You might hardly notice as you will be eating and interacting with characters.

Thanks for the info, everyone. You've helped put my mind at ease. We will be going there on the first day of our trip and I'm so excited for my son to meet Mickey!

We looooooved GG! Fantastic. My husband gets motion sickness as well and didn't notice the rotation. The kids thought it was awesome.

My husband gets motion sick, will not ride star tours. Didn't bother him. It bothered me. I was OK. I was not puking or anything, but it did bother me a bit. I do suffer from motion sickness in some instances.

It's very slow!!! If you weren't watching you might not even notice - takes over an hour for it to go all the way around. Food was great!

Running a quick calculation, the physical effect of the rotation is a little less than 1/100,000 of gravity - akin to adding the weight of a postage stamp to one's body weight.
So the effect that some feel is almost certainly connected with something other than the rotation, such as the visual cues that come from the changing vista. Those are no less real, but they're related to motion in general, rather than specifically to rotation. For example, we get car sick, even though we're not going in a circle.
The human body is a remarkable thing, the way some can be highly sensitive to phenomena that others of us can't even fathom. Which is why I wouldn't think of denying the experience that some apparently do have here.

If you're sitting on the outside, against the wall or windows, don't put your bag behind you - I've never been to Garden Grill, but I've been to other rotating restaurants, and once I had to chase my bag, because I didn't realize I was putting it on a stationery ledge, so I moved but it stayed in one place. :)

My daughter wasn't able to take the motion a few years ago. She was about 18 that trip. We were on the lower level and she had to leave the restaurant while the rest of us ate. The rest of us love eating there but she'll never go back.

My DH is easily bothered by anything resembling motion but he never had a problem with GG. In fact, we're going back for the first time this coming week after many years away!

I was worried about the same thing as I get motion sick turning my head while in car passenger seat to tslkbto kids in backseat and I was alone with DD 12. I did not look to the sides but focused on looking down at the food and at my DD sitting across from me. The motion didn't bother me when the characters came around but I did not look past them. It does move really slow in fact DD only realized it was moving toward the end of the meal. I am so glad i sucked it up -the meal was fantastic, we love chip and Dale and no motionn sickness

I was concerned about the same thing last year when I had a dinner there. I also suffer from motion sickness, even on car rides. I was absolutely fine. Barely felt it moving at all. So no worries! Can't say I loved that place, but no motion sickness!

Just curious . . .Am I the only one who takes meds for motion sickness when I go to Disney? I take a Bonine every day because of the attractions. GG has never bothered me since I'm already preventing motion sickness anyway.

I booked lunch at GG for our upcoming trip, thinking that the character interaction would be a lot of fun for my toddler son. I'm starting to get really nervous though, and fear I may have made a big mistake in selecting this restaurant. I do suffer from motion sickness. Am I going to have a problem??
You'll never even notice it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter