Rosen plaza I=Drive area

deano_uk

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone
Im travelling over from the UK In september and stoping in the Rosen plaza on I-Drive, (i think it used to be called the Clarion plaza)
I was wondering if anybody could tell me anything about the Hotel,
Is its any good
Is it in a good location
basically if you know anything about this place i would love to hear some commects from you.

Thanks
Deano:jester:

This has been our overnight stop for our first night in Orlando for the past several years/ 3-4 trips per year. It was the Clarion Plaza up until this past year; the current owner owns several Orlando hotels.
Quality is very good. It is safe, has indoor corridors; is basically a convention hotel. Has a small snack bar with coffee, bagels, etc--overpriced, however. We have eaten at Jack's Place; they used to have a good prime rib buffet. There's also a bar and a small game room off the lobby. The pool is nice and there is a hot tub with a waterfall also.
Directly across the street is Pointe Orlando and FAO Schwarz. Our son loves the place. There's an IMAX Theatre there, a Disneyport store, lots of small shops and several eateries. We were there in 2/01, used a Cityspree gift certificate at Lulu's Bait Shack with no problem. There are also several restaurants within walking distance, and the I-Drive trolley stops right in front of the hotel property. If we are doing Sea World, we stay an extra night, as the trolley drops you at their doorstep. It is a short drive to the Belz Mall and a good opportunity to get that high-priced Disney stuff CHEAP before hitting the parks.
We've stayed there twice since it has been the Rosen Plaza, in 12/00 and 2/01. We are still pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel. Staff is friendly and accomodating, beds are comfortable. We will continue to make this our first stop.

Hi....this is a huge high rise you can see for miles, and is often used for convention business.....rooms are nice and basic, and the other stuff like the lobby and pool and restaurants are really fancy......this hotel is often on Priceline for and other discounters for under 50.00 a night, and will cost over 125.00 for convention goers.....so check your price, you should be able to get a good deal on a room.....Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest