Rose and Crown?

Is Rose and Crown that bad? We are going for the first time on our upcoming trip and I was planning on getting the short ribs. Main reason is getting the toffee pudding I've heard good things about. It'll be our only big meal that day so I don't want us to walk away hungry that night
We ate here for the first time in December. Our meals were delicious. The waitress was delightful. Can’t wait to go again.

We are going on our next trip. Each trip, we try and eat at several restaurants that we haven't tried before. we have some that we enjoy and some that are one and done.
Lookiing forwrd to trying this one. Love the location. Hope its a nice day and we can eat outside.

Our last visit was Jan 2018 and the best was to describe the experience was, underwhelmed. While we had a fun server who almost made up for the food, she wasn't good enough to pull it off, though to her credit she tried. I had the Fish & Chips, I need to be clear it was a single piece of fish that was not very good, dry and bland. My wife had the Sheppard's Pie, and the best description was also underwhelming and totally forgetful. For the price the meal wasn't worth it. We also had the Scotch Egg, delicious but one egg wasn't enough and not for $12!. The drinks were good, I'd go back for the drinks.

Our last visit was Jan 2018 and the best was to describe the experience was, underwhelmed. While we had a fun server who almost made up for the food, she wasn't good enough to pull it off, though to her credit she tried. I had the Fish & Chips, I need to be clear it was a single piece of fish that was not very good, dry and bland. My wife had the Sheppard's Pie, and the best description was also underwhelming and totally forgetful. For the price the meal wasn't worth it. We also had the Scotch Egg, delicious but one egg wasn't enough and not for $12!. The drinks were good, I'd go back for the drinks.
You can just go to the R&C Pub to get the drinks. They prepare all the adult beverages for the dining room anyway, as I’ve noted on many pub visits over the years.

You probably couldn't serve real British food to the average theme park crowd. Real British food is pretty bland and the textures of a lot of the foods would not jive with typical american taste.

I do agree that there is a lot more sugar and artificial flavouring in American food, but that said, I wouldn’t say British food is bland. We use lots of herbs, spices and sauces in our dishes - they’re fresh and healthy. I do understand the restaurant is trying to appeal to American tastes though - but it would be nice if the food were a little more authentic :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter