Rose and Crown never again

twooley2

DIS Veteran
It has been a few months since we returned from our July trip to Disney world and I can say I will never eat at rose and crown again. The food was just o.k. but the waitress we had was just horrible. Let me say that we were there with another family(cousins) who were at a different table but near us on a level above us but outdoors and we were all eating and having a good time. My husband ordered a total of 2 drinks and was told he could have no more . I mind you he is over 40 and was not at all enibriated. Our cousins had ordered a bottle of wine , different table, different waitress and had no problem. She than told us we would have to leave as the restauant needed to take care of other patrons. Now I would get this if there was some problem we were causing but non to say the least she told us her manager said not to serve him. When we went to leave to go to the wait area for the fireworks they asked why we were told to go to special fireworks viewing area as we left. We told them and they said we could go back to our seats and all was fine. The waitress returned and said she would have to check because she was told different. She returned yet again and said we could stay at our table for the fireworks. What a mess and a lot of up and down with kids too. This was all very off to us as no one was drunk or obnoxious. It made for a terrible first night at disney. I even wondered if we should feel guilty but could not figure out why we would but it just bothered me. I do not know if this is some cultural conflict with the waitress, heck maybe my husband reminded her of a terrible ex husband or boyfiend of hers. Who knows just plain nasty when I think of it . Needless to say we wont be back and I hope others have a better waitress than we did

So, you wouldn't return to a restaurant where the food was OK and you enjoyed the fireworks just because ONE waitress p'd you off? Why didn't you ask to speak to the manager at the time instead of waiting months to tell us about it on here???

So, you wouldn't return to a restaurant where the food was OK and you enjoyed the fireworks just because ONE waitress p'd you off? Why didn't you ask to speak to the manager at the time instead of waiting months to tell us about it on here???

Exactly, I would have called over the manager. Don't let it escalate.

Your right I should have asked to speak to a manager but I am the type of person that does not like to cause a scene in public either. Yes I wont return there as the waitress left that bad of an experience for us. As for waiting months I seen the thread on retaurant reviews and had some time to kill so thought Id put it out there. I know many who would never report it even on here because saying something bad about Disney offends many,but we are returning to Disney this next year and it got me thinking about it again and how the opportunity to reserve for a fireworks view table can be hinderance on the establishment and patrons that is much bigger than having to be inconvenienced to stand in larger crowds.

It has been a few months since we returned from our July trip to Disney world and I can say I will never eat at rose and crown again. The food was just o.k. but the waitress we had was just horrible. Let me say that we were there with another family(cousins) who were at a different table but near us on a level above us but outdoors and we were all eating and having a good time. My husband ordered a total of 2 drinks and was told he could have no more . I mind you he is over 40 and was not at all enibriated. Our cousins had ordered a bottle of wine , different table, different waitress and had no problem. She than told us we would have to leave as the restauant needed to take care of other patrons. Now I would get this if there was some problem we were causing but non to say the least she told us her manager said not to serve him. When we went to leave to go to the wait area for the fireworks they asked why we were told to go to special fireworks viewing area as we left. We told them and they said we could go back to our seats and all was fine. The waitress returned and said she would have to check because she was told different. She returned yet again and said we could stay at our table for the fireworks. What a mess and a lot of up and down with kids too. This was all very off to us as no one was drunk or obnoxious. It made for a terrible first night at disney. I even wondered if we should feel guilty but could not figure out why we would but it just bothered me. I do not know if this is some cultural conflict with the waitress, heck maybe my husband reminded her of a terrible ex husband or boyfiend of hers. Who knows just plain nasty when I think of it . Needless to say we wont be back and I hope others have a better waitress than we did

I am sorry that this happened to you and for the record, I would have just written this restaurant off and never returned too!

Ok, so you say that you won't cause a scene in public but you'll stew about it for months afterward and then complain here. :confused3 I don't call attention to myself either in public but I definitely would have asked to speak to a manager if I were being subjected to such weird behavior by a server. Doesn't mean you have to cause a scene jumping up and down and yelling but you and your family would have probably ended up having a much nicer experience at the Rose & Crown if you had voiced your concerns at the time.

I do not think it was the OP's fault in the slightest and not everyone wants to cause trouble and call a manager. We hate to cause trouble at restaurants- it is not that we deal with it badly, but I suppose we just feel awkward about conflict in the middle of a public restaurant. Different people deal with things in different ways and this waitress was undeniably being unfair and unreasonable.

OP, sorry your experience was not as it should have been. When we went to the R&C, the service was pretty good, we found the food to be the awful part :rolleyes2

Personally I like to hear about all experiences good or bad and I appreciate the OP taking the time to relay what happened. I would have been embarrassed and probably would have just left too.:(

Is there a rule that says you can't talk about something negative on the Dis unless you tried to resolve it with a manager first? I'm not trying to start a debate and this question isn't addressed to anyone in particular. I was just wondering:confused3

Terri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter