Rose and Crown for Illuminations

HubbDave

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are
We have a 7:30 ADR for an upcoming August trip. How have your experiences been at this restaurant, especially with regard to Illuminations. Is this my best choice?

Our Ratings of Rose & Crown: (rev 12/17/2012)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE1: Rose & Crown is typical English cuisine. Nothing special,
but usually above average in quality. Viewing Illiuminations from
the patio is a good view, although seating on the patio is not reserved
and you cannot wait for a table on the patio. The bar/lounge/pub area
is classic Engish with a great selection of beer and spirits. Additionally,
the "Hat Lady" piano player is excellent. Overall good for drinking and
snacking, but only so-so for meals.

NOTE2: We purposely ordered the vegetarian. (Wanted to see how "the
other half" ate.) A wiser option would be booking steerage on the Titanic.
The vegetable mash was bland and basically tasteless. Thank goodness
Scotch whisky is vegan - it saved the meal. Fortunately, we also
ordered Fish & Chips. Not great at all. Only average. But we left full.

NOTE3: People frequently ask for the patio. This is not guaranteed, and
you MUST take the first table available when you are called. You can
no longer "wait" for a patio table. Too many people would walk out if
they didn't get the patio, so now you must agree to take the first
table offered to you.

We just had dinner there at 7:30. This was our third trip to R & C. We were disappointed in the food quality. Everyone had a different meal and they were all just average. The bill, without alcohol, was 160.00. Our waiter took us to the porch for Illuminations. It was nice but really crowded. Next trip, I think we will choose another place for dinner and watch the fireworks from the bridge by France and England.

We had table outside on the patio,and the view was awesome. It was just a nice way to end the day.

And thanks for the advice. Maybe I will switch with Chefs...

This is a very busy time at R&C. Our ADR was for 7:35 and we had to wait 20 mins in line just to check into our ADR and then another 20 mins to be seated. We were seated on the upper patio with a partially obstructed view. Since we were seated late, we were eating dessert when Illuminations started. So it was either interrupt dessert and go stand in the viewing section for a clear view or finish and miss the high fireworks. The food was good but I wouldn't go out of my way to try and have my ADR coincide with Illuminations anymore.

We LOVED the scotch egg, I might skip an entrée and order 3 for a meal next time :rotfl2: We had an 7:30pm ADR and we ate inside and we asked about watching the fireworks and the server said that she would take us out to the viewing area at the appropriate time and if we finished early and wanted to look around the area we could show our dinner receipt and give her name and we would be allowed to watch from the viewing area. We were there in January so we were finished our meal by 8:40pm and our server suggested we wait until closer to 9pm since it was so cold that night. So at 8:55pm she walked us out and it wasn't crowded at all but it is a very small roped off area. The only thing I didn't like was that the washrooms were over by the bar and I had to squish through a packed room full of loud drunk people to go pee :sad2: In fact I encouraged DD to hold it until we left the restaurant because I did not want to walk her through the bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter