Rope dropping Emperor at SeaWorld San Diego?

Kerr84

DIS Veteran
Has anyone tried to rope drop Emperor at SeaWorld San Diego? How bad was the wait? I am trying to decide what type of Quick Queue I should buy? Regular Quick queue or with one entry to Emperor. Also debating if the reserved seating is worth it. It will be my husband, myself, and our 2 1/2 year old. Thank you!

Frankly, a quick queue at sea world is rarely necessary for anything. If you apply a Disney-like itinerary and strategy to the park you'll be like a hundred gazillion light years ahead of the rest of the visitors. Reserved seating is just not necessary at any of the shows except maybe sea lion and otter, but for that show you want to get there 15 minutes early anyway because the pre-show is as good as the main show!

As for "rope drop", there really isn't one here. The whole parking and entry situation is very chill. They just hold you at turnstiles then let you in. The wait shouldn't be any more than 10 minutes, maybe 15 for the first hour of the day at emporer tbh.

I wrote a longer post about sea world tips here in case ur interested.

Frankly, a quick queue at sea world is rarely necessary for anything. If you apply a Disney-like itinerary and strategy to the park you'll be like a hundred gazillion light years ahead of the rest of the visitors. Reserved seating is just not necessary at any of the shows except maybe sea lion and otter, but for that show you want to get there 15 minutes early anyway because the pre-show is as good as the main show!

As for "rope drop", there really isn't one here. The whole parking and entry situation is very chill. They just hold you at turnstiles then let you in. The wait shouldn't be any more than 10 minutes, maybe 15 for the first hour of the day at emporer tbh.

I wrote a longer post about sea world tips here in case ur interested.
Thank you so much! I tried the search bar and just didn’t find much. You’re making me feel way more relaxed about that part of our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter