Rope drop - left path to FL *still* a problem

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
UPDATE: I spoke with my DL contact about 30 minutes ago and explained the issue to him. He said he'd pass it on to the appropriate people but also that the guests that come through the left side have reservations at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. However, if that's true, why, then, do they rush to PP rather than BBB? It seems like they're using BBB reservations as a cheat. My contact agreed and said he'd ask if reservations could be confirmed at the point of entry (i.e., the short path) or if CMs would/could stop guests from flowing into FL.

Some friends rope-dropped DL this morning. Despite being told that the shorter path to FL -- the one to the left of the castle as you approach it from the hub -- was closed, as they rounded Alice and FL after going the long way, they learned that it was, in fact, open. How did they determine this? Because streams of guests came flowing in from that way.

This has been a problem since the castle closed for refurb. CMs assure us that the left path is closed so we take the long way. As we come into FL, we see dozens on guests enter from near BBB. About a month ago, I decided to ignore what I was told and tried to take the short path. That was the one time that CMs were right -- it was actually closed. This is extremely annoying! If we're given accurate information, we can take informed and intelligent steps. But accurate info for this situation seems unattainable. If you're in a party of two or more, it might be a good idea to have at least one person go left and one or more go right. Seems the only way to have at least one person on the correct path. Sheesh!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter