Rope drop if staying off-property

MermaidMommy

DIS Veteran
We're going to DLP for the first time July 4-7. staying at the Ibis in Val d'Europe.

Now that early entry is back, how does rope drop work for people off property? What time would you suggest we get there if we want to be among the first let in?

We're planning 2 days at Disneyland and one (or part of one) at Studios. We'll probably have hoppers. Would it be best to rope drop Studios one day?

Also, any tips or suggestions for where to go first would be most appreciated! Our goal is to hit all the rides, so we'll definitely need a strategy. Thanks!

Following as I will also be off property - in October coming in from Marriott's Village d'Ile de France. 3 WDW and DL vets but there is not so much information on planning a good strategy for rope drop out there for DLP.

I missed this question. It's basically people who cannot access for early entry are held at the entrance of the park.
Officially park opens at 10, and early hours are from 8:30 to 9:30. The mystical half hour in between, no one knows what happens there. I've seen it happen regular guests let in before 10, though.

To be honest, I would suggest to buy a premier access pass for Crush Coaster and go to Remy or Tower of Terror first. Check if Remy has the single rider's line open. @MermaidMommy those are the three big rides when you are there, the schools in France are not out yet officially, but you will feel the Summer crowds.
@TinkSassy with your visit the new Iron Man coaster will (hopefully) be open. You probably want to go here first.

For Disneyland Park, go for Big Thunder Mountain first. I would personally do the park per land, as the park is unfamiliar to you.
Big Thunder Mountain, Phantom Manor, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, crossover to Space Mountain, Star Tours. Those were all the big rides. Do some kiddie rides like Pays des Contes Fees and Casey Jr. Maybe Snow White and Pinocchio (don't think they are still in the US parks?)

Possibility to skip to be (very) similar to WDW/DL counter parts: Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Orbitron/Dumbo, It's A Small World.

Best shows: Mickey and the Magician, Lion King: Rhythms of the Pride Lands, 30th anniversary hub show and 30th anniversary drone show. I also enjoy the Disney Jr. show, it makes me happy even when I'm not the target group.
The first two you can buy guaranteed access for 15 euro.

I was there for park opening for non hotel guests on Monday, opened at 9.30 on the dot. You want to be there 20 minutes before then to clear security and Ticket check.

I was there on June 8th (check out my day trip post for details). Parks opened at 9:30 that day. We arrived around 8:30, got in line maybe 8:45 and weren't too far back (maybe 20th in our line?). But, it was raining hard that morning, so despite the parks being sold out, I don't think people came first thing in the morning - seemed they started coming more between 11 and 12. Early hours were 8:30-9:30, open to everyone at 9:30, they started letting us in at 9:15ish, so I think we had ridden our first ride by 9:30.

On advice of someone here, we started at Parc Disnyland, because they said studios would have huge lines by 9:30 due to the early hours...and they were right. Waits for Crush and Ratatouille were between 90 minutes and 2 hours by the time the park opened. So we started at Disneyland, which had no waits, and then headed to Studios around 11 after buying premiere pass for Crush and Ratatouille. The waits for Crush didn't get beneath 2 hours all day, and even the single rider line was at least 90 minutes all day. Ratatouille stayed at around 90 minutes all day, though their single rider line was about 10 minutes for much of the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!