Rope Drop + Coffee?

CharleneTheDM

Mouseketeer
In both DL and DCA, are there any cafes or food shops that serve coffee that are open before rope drop? (that rhymed!)
If so, what are they and are the waits long?

That way we can get our caffeine fix while waiting for rope drop to have some energy before the churro carts open (the fresh morning ones are my pre-breakfast!)

Thanks!

In both DL and DCA, are there any cafes or food shops that serve coffee that are open before rope drop? (that rhymed!)
If so, what are they and are the waits long?

That way we can get our caffeine fix while waiting for rope drop to have some energy before the churro carts open (the fresh morning ones are my pre-breakfast!)

Thanks!
I would consider doing a mobile order for Starbucks in DTD then you can sip while waiting in line for entrance and rope drop.

I always bring some disposable cups with me and carry my coffee in to wait for park opening... I am not a good morning person and NEED my caffeine. It has been a lot of years since I have been in August, so I might need to switch this up to iced coffee lol

Your best bet is to stop at the Starbucks in Downtown Disney. It's open at 5am every day.

The Starbucks in the parks list the same opening times as their respective park, though from experience they are typically open once guests are allowed through the turnstiles or soon after.

I would consider doing a mobile order for Starbucks in DTD then you can sip while waiting in line for entrance and rope drop.

Hmm! I haven't thought about DTD because we're staying offsite and will be arriving from the Harbor entrance/security line.

I always bring some disposable cups with me and carry my coffee in to wait for park opening... I am not a good morning person and NEED my caffeine. It has been a lot of years since I have been in August, so I might need to switch this up to iced coffee lol

I'm thinking maybe that's what I'll have to do. Or try to get a coffee at the hotel cafe before we get on the shuttle to the Harbor bus loop (but I don't believe beverages are allowed on the shuttle :o)

There is always the Mcdonalds on Harbor right across from the Disney entrance. They actually have really good coffee. Better than Starbucks imo.

I’m not a coffee drinker so forgive me if this is wide of the mark. Would a can of Red Bull (or a can of cold brew) do the trick? Might be nice to have it while in line at the gate.

My hubby went into Starbucks on Main st. and waited probably 15 min when we were let in before rope drop, we waited up by plaza inn and he threaded through the crowd to join us.

I pretty much always use Harbor security, and I'll often put in a mobile order for the DTD one while I'm in the security line, then go and grab it.

Even though it adds a little walk and it stings a bit to not get right into the entrance line, I think it's less of a time investment than actually waiting for coffee once inside the parks (which I also do sometimes... just depends on timing and what crowds look like, really).

Can you carry a half consumed coffee into the park with you? I was planning on getting coffee at Starbucks but am wondering if I can carry it through security or into the park.

Thanks!

Can you carry a half consumed coffee into the park with you? I was planning on getting coffee at Starbucks but am wondering if I can carry it through security or into the park.

Thanks!

If you get coffee at the DTD Starbucks, you'll already be through security so you won't be going through security again. But even if you were bringing coffee from somewhere else, it's no problem to bring it through the security line as long as it's not in a glass container.

If you get coffee at the DTD Starbucks, you'll already be through security so you won't be going through security again. But even if you were bringing coffee from somewhere else, it's no problem to bring it through the security line as long as it's not in a glass container.
Oh, right! I forgot they moved security. The last time I was there it was after DTD. So no problem taking it into the park?

Oh, right! I forgot they moved security. The last time I was there it was after DTD. So no problem taking it into the park?

No problem at all! I've done it many times (both going through the main entrance and through security back when it was right by the esplenade). Definitely beats trying to get something at the Market House once you're in the park.

No problem at all! I've done it many times (both going through the main entrance and through security back when it was right by the esplenade). Definitely beats trying to get something at the Market House once you're in the park.
Sure does! Thanks for the confirmation!

Hmm! I haven't thought about DTD because we're staying offsite and will be arriving from the Harbor entrance/security line.

I'm thinking maybe that's what I'll have to do. Or try to get a coffee at the hotel cafe before we get on the shuttle to the Harbor bus loop (but I don't believe beverages are allowed on the shuttle :o)
We always stay on harbor. We will Starbucks mobile order right before we go through security. Then DH will jump in the (usually) long line to get into the park. The other one will go pick up our order. I have never waited more than 2 minutes for our order. Then meet back up with DH in line.

Not sure where you're staying but theres a starbucks in the lobby of the Courtyard on Harbor.

LaBrea Bakery is another option. We arrive an hour before opening. One runs to LaBrea to get breakfast sandwiches/caffeine and then joins the rest of the group in line. We eat while in line outside or once we get inside and are held at the rope.

Closer than the DTD Starbucks. Check hours though. I don’t think they open until 8:00 am.

We also done the DCA Starbucks in the ~30 minutes after you are let in the park but while they still hold you at the roped area. Got coffee and breakfast and booked MP while waiting.

Panera on Harbor (in front of the Fairfield Inn) also has good coffee and is open before Rope Drop. That's where we stopped when we went last year.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter