Rooms for 5 or 6

Dave2112

Earning My Ears
Has anybody stayed at the rooms that sleep 5 at POR or the one that sleeps six at one of the All Stars? If so, how were the rooms?

DH and I stayed in a Family Suite at All Star Music ( a value resort) last Sept. (2006)

We really enjoyed the Queen size bed, the kitchenette with the microwave, having a sofa and cushioned chair to sit on and relax after a day at the parks before retiring for the evening.

I thought the pullouts very comfortable.

They are designed so the back cushion and seat cushion of the pullout support the pullout. There is no metal bar to hurt the sleepers back.

Info thread--Pullouts in Family Suites at ASMU with photos of how the pullout is supported.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18100990#post18100990

Here is the layout of the Family Suites:

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

Here is my review of the Suites:

www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17640774&postcount=7

For more photos and info please see this info thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392879

----------------------------------------------
Here is an info post I wrote about POR-AB vs. Family Suites.

It has photos of the trundle bed in it.:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392857

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!:wizard:

We stayed 5 in a room at POR last August in the Alligator Bayou Section (the one with 2 full beds and a trundle bed). It was a little tight, but doable. We brought a twin air mattress and anyone who wasn't comfortable in their "assigned" space was able to use it. We're used to living in "close quarters" at home so vacation is no different.

The 5 of us have stayed at POR a few times and havent had any problems at all. My 8 year old loved having the trundle bed as his own!

Just wondering...how would you get 5-6 people in that room? I guess you could bring in a couple cots, but it still looks like it would sleep only 4 comfortably.

The new family suites offer an affordable and convenient option for larger families with the amenities of a studio apartment.

Families can be together in the suite while enjoying separate sleeping areas with added privacy. Having two bathrooms will not only save time, but makes getting ready easier for the whole family. Plus, extra amenities like a microwave enable guests to prepare warm snacks and meals. With the extra room, guests can relax and recount the memories of the day before falling off to a goodnight’s sleep.

They:

-Sleep up to 6 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)
-Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room.
-Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers (4 separate sleepers)
-Private master bedroom and family room have 27” flat CRT TV and high speed internet access.
-Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot
-Two-full bathrooms

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

And the Queen size bed.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

Ohhhhh...the chair folds out. Cool! If we were a large family on a budget, I'd definitely opt for that suite! Thanks for the pictures! I'm definitely going to suggest it to some of our family and friends.

It was my pleasure.

For more photos and info please see this info thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392879

Hey minnie61650, do you know offhand what the price range is for that suite for a regular, out of state guest? Similar to a regular Moderate room? We always stay at one of the Deluxe resorts but some of our extended family can't afford to stay there along with us. This would be a terrific option for them.

Hey minnie61650, do you know offhand what the price range is for that suite for a regular, out of state guest? Similar to a regular Moderate room? We always stay at one of the Deluxe resorts but some of our extended family can't afford to stay there along with us. This would be a terrific option for them.

The Family Suites start at $179 during value season.
A mod starts at $145 during value season.

Check here for 2007 rates.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/disney-rates-2007.htm#VALUE

Just an FYI

For comparison, the price of a Family Suite is $9-11 more then 2 Standard Rooms, or $13-15 less the 2 Preferred Rooms, depending on season.

Also a fridge is included in AS Suite.

Fridges cost $10 a night to rent when staying in a standard value room. Don't forget the Queen size bed,a coffee pot and microwave are also in Family Suites.

There is no extra fee for extra adults in the room when staying at the Family
Suite. 1-6 adults can stay for the same set price.

We ahve stayed in POR with 4 adults and two kids (1 under 2). It was snug but doable. We are only there to sleep so the snugness didn't bother us, we just set time limits on bathrom time. We managed to ft a pac n play as well as a stoller in the room with all of our luggage. Would we do it again? Of course, we love POR.

Another option are the FW cabins. They sleep 6. They are a little more expensive $200+ but are large, have a full kitchen, and are very nice. We did this on our last trip as we got a great AP rate and definately see us going back. FW is awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter