Rooms at All Star

Bbethparsons

Dachshund Lover
Going to Disney in September or October (haven't decided yet), wondering if anyone could tell me which rooms at any of the All Stars are closest to the food court/pool area? Also what is your favorite rooms at POR, or AKL? Have stayed at POR and AS, but never wrote down the great room layout of buildings which now that I am ready to go again, I would really use this information. Thanks for any information!

go to wdwig.com
go to resort photos and there should be maps of the AS resort layouts.

the closest buildings in each are:
ASMo- Fantasia
AS sports- Surfs Up
As mu- Calypso

We stayed in the Calypso which is close and liked it. It now cost 10$ extra for rooms closet to main buildings at the All Stars. They are called preferred.

I am thinking of movies. We like to be close to the pool and food court. I do not mind paying extra for fantansia. The Toy story buildings look really cool. Are they very far away from the pool? About how far, like 1 block? They also look close to parking lots and play ground. any help would be great.. I have looked at the maps. it just helps if someone who has stayed there gives there imput.... thanks...corvair amy

At ASMo the Toy story building is almost as close as the fantasia building. The only difference is the if you book the prefered building(fantasia) you will get that building for sure. If you request Toy Story, you might or might not get it as it seems to be the most popular building. We were there last January and stayed in the fantasia building but DS really wanted toy story.We wanted to pay the 10.00extra for Toy Story but they didn't go for that.

jordan'smom

jordansmom. thanks for the info.. I think I will pay the extra and go for fantasia. Does this building book up fast? I know they do not take the code, but can you use AAA or DC to get a discount? thanks...corvair amy

corvair,

We did use our AAA discount. It was like 20% I think for our January trip. We booked in June for this and had no problems getting this building. A lot of people do not want to pay the extra 10.00 so I don't think it is too hard to get. You might also want to decide if you want o face the pool or not. Same price with-in the building. We did face the pool and so enjoyed the view but even in January we did have some pool noise at our bedtime. This was 10:00 or so as we are early to bed , first to park kind of people, but i think the noise might be latter in warmer months. It was not terrible noise or anything, but DS did have a little trouble going to sleep. You could request pool side or back side. We were in building 8 second floor end room closest to the main building. We loved our location. Our room was 60.61. Any more questions, please ask.

Jordan's mom

Jordansmom, thanks for all the great info. Is building 8 closer to toy story? So it ooks like the back side would kind of face toy story and the play ground? I do like to see the pool. Did you like 2 floor? How would ground floor be? We stayed at WL this past summer, my 9 yearlold DD thought it was an adult resort. I thought this year she could stay here for a couple nights. We heard pool noise there also,, up until 12 midnight. We will have a car, are the parking lots close to the buildings??? thanks...corvair amy

At the Movies, request Fansasia room 5709 or 5710. They are the corner rooms nearest the pool and the foodcourt. Those are my favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter