Room suggestions for POR?

Kaitysmom

<font color=blue>My DD got picked as the Big Kahun
I have never stayed here before. My DH and I are going for a childless trip 7/1-7/4 and I'd like to request a quiet area - standard view. Anyone have any suggestions? We will have a rental car, so I am not worried about bus stop proximity. Thanks!

Oops! I forgot to say that I am unsure about the Bayou section. Looks too rustic for me - maybe I'm wrong about that...

We stayed in Acadian House and LOVED it. It was a short walk to the main building and steps from a bus stop (overlooking the parking lot). I hope for the same when we go in Sept. The bayou looks too rustic for me too. I prefer opulence.:smooth: ;)

We stayed in Parterre Place in the Mansions - loved it! Would highly recommend this area. Very romantic too!

The inside courtyard rooms in Magnolia Terrace have a lovely view, and are convenient to the main pool, quiet pool, and bus stop.

Well, I have to place a vote for the bayou. DH and I have been there twice with no kids and will be returning very soon for another adult only trip. On the first trip, we were in Building 36 (I think) - quite removed from the main buildings - maybe a 10 minute walk. It was so quiet and peaceful...there were times that I wondered if we were the only people in our building. I think the trees and foliage help with the secluded/quiet feeling of this area. I love to walk through the mansion area and marvel at the landscaping, but to me this area is much more "hotel like".

I gave DH a choice for our upcoming trip - stick with the bayou or try one of the mansions? His choice was the bayou. So...we'll be back 6 weeks from tomorrow, and I feel like we're going "home". ;)

Thanks for all the info! TwinMom7, what are the bayou rooms like? I have seen a photo with bunk beds. What are the mansion rooms like? I stayed in POFQ and I am assuming they are different due to the different theming.

The bayou rooms are like being in a cabin IMHO - log post beds, patch work quilts and trees all around outside. We love them! We also really like the mansions - they are floral & formal with cherry wood (I think) beds. www.wdwig.com has lots of photos of both type of rooms. The mansions are more feminine & the bayou more masculine IMHO. We've never been bothered by noise in either location during our 5 stays @ POR. I think the bayou section rooms are more secluded and private, even though they are rustic in theme. ;)

I agree about the noise. We had our last trip in Building 14 of the Bayou, and never heard a peep. (Room 1420, I believe). It is the building right next to the main, so it was about 30 feet to get to the food court. It was an excellent trip, and I must admit that I felt extremely comfortable in the Bayou. Before going, I really wanted to be in a Mansion, I felt that the Bayou was just a bit too rustic, but after being there, I don't think any other resort could top my list (except maybe Boardwalk where we may stay next time, but that's a whole different ballpark).

The beds were comfy, although the pillows were rather flat (as most hotel pillows are) Just ask for an extra from housekeeping, or do what I did, and bring your own. :)

The room wasn't massive, but it was extremely comfortable for just the two of us (we didn't make a King request, we were happy with the two).

There was only one thing I HATED about our room. All of the bayou's have photos or portraits of people and places, it is supposed to be like staying in a friends guest room or something. Online all the pictures were cute, and I had no problem with it, but our room had a portrait of a CM's 3rd generation back family, and let me just say her great great grandmother was FREAKY! At first I felt like her eyes were following me around the room or something, but eventually I got used to her over our 10 day stay. Kinda like being in the alabaster bust part of HM...hehe. (she's watching you...) :)

Anywhoo, now that I'm back from my tangent, I just want to vote for AB, I loved it, and I know we'll be back...after Boardwalk of course. ;)
~Tina

Another vote for the Bayou here!

We're just two adults, and we stayed there last year in May (Bldg. 37, very quiet, very lovely, standard view was the garden out front, close to the bus stop).

We enjoyed it so much that we're going back twice in December (four nights before our cruise and two after)!

Beth

We stayed in Parterre Place also and loved it. I didn't find the room really feminine. It had dark wood throughout. Me and my husband (no kids at the time) loved it! Walking along the path looking at the fountains and river made the walk to the bus stop really nice. I wish my scanner worked so I could show you our pictures.

We stayed at Magnolia Terrace twice and loved it. One time we had a garden view and one time a standard view. Both rooms were quite and decorated very southern. The grounds are beauitful. I will admit it was a bit of walk to the big pool and the main area but it's a very, very pretty walk that we looked forward to in the morning. I really liked the seculded type feeling. No matter where you stay at POR you'll like it. It's a lovely hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter