Room size comparison

1000th happy haunt

<font color=green>My source is knowledgable, but u
How do the studio sizes at BWV and BCV compare to a room at resorts like Wilderness Lodge, Contempo, or Poly?

We're going down in May with some friends and I'm trying to figure out which DVC resort they would like best (we're renting a two-bedroom). They're used to the MK resorts. Pool-wise they would really like Stormalong Bay, but they also like more spacious rooms and BWV's rooms are larger than BCV. I've been weighing the pros and cons of both these resorts. Right now I'm booked in a two-bedroom at BWV, but giving serious consideration to BCV (assuming I can get a two-bedroom there).

I realize that a two-bedroom will absolutely awe them spacewise, but I'm considering the actual bedroom they'll be staying in, not just the common area. They're bringing their daughter with them, so will be using the pull-out bed.

And I recognize that OKW has spacious two-bedrooms as well, but I don't think the location is right for them, not to mention they are addicted to room service.

I'm all ears with regard to suggestions and input :listen:

There is not a significant difference in the room sizes between the BCV and BWV. Go with the resort theme or pool you like the best. If there is availability, my advice is to go with a guaranteed Boardwalk view at the BWV!

Best wishes -

I don't think there's much difference between the two resorts. We stayed at both in the last 4 weeks and couldn't tell a difference. Also, I believe all the DVC studios are at least as big as any standard room at a deluxe resort.

I just rebooked the two-bedroom for BCV.

My friends don't know where we're staying (I want to keep it a surprise). I called yesterday and asked what the chances are that they'll want to use the pool, and the answer is "high". So I'm going for Stormalong Bay.

you should be happy at BCV.

no DVC studio is as big as the biggest rooms at the Polyn or Cont

the polyn rooms are in the Tahiti and the Cont the rooms were on the 10th floor and higher facing Bay Lake (not seven seas). I have been in them.

both were several feet bigger than any DVC studio.

1000th happy haunt said:
I just rebooked the two-bedroom for BCV.

My friends don't know where we're staying (I want to keep it a surprise). I called yesterday and asked what the chances are that they'll want to use the pool, and the answer is "high". So I'm going for Stormalong Bay.

Excellent choice - you and your friends are sure to be very happy there. Not only is the pool great but you don't have the endless halls to walk down like you do at the Boardwalk. (BWV boardwalk views are fantastic though!)

So far I have a request for a non-smoking room on an upper level (I don't like ground-level rooms if it can be avoided). What other request possibilities are there besides Boardwalk view?

Which rooms have the larger balconies? It looks like the second floor units have large balconies and some of the third through fifth floor units have larger balconies. Are these larger balconies dependant on room type?

1000th happy haunt said:
So far I have a request for a non-smoking room on an upper level (I don't like ground-level rooms if it can be avoided). What other request possibilities are there besides Boardwalk view?...(snip).....
There are no Boardwalk view rooms at the BCV. If you want a view of the Boardwalk, you need to stay at the BWV.

Someone else will have to help you with the views at the BCV - I've not stayed there - but I do know you cannot see the Boardwalk from any of the BCV rooms.

Best wishes -

Oops. I thought there were BCV rooms where you could see across Crescent Lake to the Boardwalk.

1000th happy haunt said:
Oops. I thought there were BCV rooms where you could see across Crescent Lake to the Boardwalk.
Nope! Those rooms are part of the Beach Club Hotel - the Yacht Club also has some like that. THe BCV are behind the BC hotel.

Best wishes -

no lake view, woods view, garden view, pond view(?), pool view and parking lot view.'

this is definitely an after resort. so it does not have great views.

although I loved my studio - 561 - be warned others have hated it!!! have a view of Spaceship earth then.

many guest like the pool view.

Diszip published a great room map of BCV. There are pics of some different views. There are no great views at BCV (no dumpster views either) don't get too concerned.

There are pool view, courtyard view, woods view, previously called Epcot view (they won't let you use that wording now). The Epcot view allows you to view the higher fireworks of Illuminations but you get to see (and possibly hear) a service road.

Understand that there are actually three types of 2 bedroom units that can be reserved; 2 bedroom lock-off, dedicated 2 bedroom with a queen and sleeper sofa in the second bedroom, and dedicated 2 bedroom with 2 queens in the second bedroom. This is a reservation type not a request.

Hope you have a great trip!
:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter