• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room Service on First Day

Allie G.

Earning My Ears
Can you start ordering room service once you are allowed into your Stateroom or is there a specific start time? You would think after five Disney cruises I would know the answer to this, but alas DH asked me and I had no answer. I did a quick search and didn't come across anything. Thank you!

Can you start ordering room service once you are allowed into your Stateroom or is there a specific start time? You would think after five Disney cruises I would know the answer to this, but alas DH asked me and I had no answer. I did a quick search and didn't come across anything. Thank you!

Yes you can order it as soon as you get in your room. We usually order the cheese platter as a nice munchie as we unpack.

Thanks! And it is indeed the cheese platter we want to order. :thumbsup2 We are doing the sailaway from our own verandah as a change of pace.

Keep in mind that all shipboard services are suspended for the lifeboat drill. I think this is from 3:30-4:30.

Thanks! And it is indeed the cheese platter we want to order. :thumbsup2 We are doing the sailaway from our own verandah as a change of pace.

We did that on our January cruise and it was quite a nice change. We grabed drinks from the bar and streamers from a CM and had our own party.

its called the all hands on deck cheese platter, its listed under salads and appetizers :)

There are things you can order that aren't on the menu.
I don't know why they do that- it's annoying! I guess they want those things to only be ordered by DISers who have found out about the items available? LOL

You can order the all hands on deck (cheese/crackers) platter.
PB&J (which is really uncrustables)
Big Island cookies- and/or raisin oatmeal cookies (just learned about the raisin oatmeal cookies recently.... and DH was happy LOL)
Mickey ice cream bars.

Those are a few I can think of off the top of my head.
No more lasagna, chicken strips, etc. from room service though :(

Another idea although more $$ than room service, would be to order the cheese platter gitft for your self....

My Dh ordered the cheese platter and sparkling cider for me on my allk grils cruise....

It was in the room when we got there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter