Room Requests? Split-Stay Tips?

tiggerrifficheidi

DIS Veteran
We're new owners at BLT (bought last Jan and used our DPs for our honeymoon at SSR). So, even though this isn't our first trip "home," planning-wise, it kinda is.

We had plans to spend five nights at BLT last week of Jan, but the Army changed that :). I called less than a week ago and was thrilled to still get F/Sa night at BWV in a 1BR Garden/Pool view (we've wanted to try out BWV anyway), and we retained two days of our 1BR Bay Lake View at BLT for Su/Mo nights. Split stay wasn't our choice, but at least we'll be trying out new things.

My questions:

1. would you recommend requesting a room in either of those locations/categories?

2. Any tips for making a split-stay more seamless? We're just two thirty-something adults, but two of our friends are also coming down to crash on the sleeper for three of the nights.

Thank you!

If you have a car, then you might want to just transfer your luggage yourself. If not, using bell services is easy. The only drawback is that it doesn't get to the resort until the afternoon so make sure anything you might want to use on that split day, you have in a different bag that you carry when you head to the new resort.

We stayed at both this summer, but in studios. At BWV, our preferred view room was at the end of the hall. It was a long walk to the elevator, but it was the closest part of the resort to walk to HS so not all that bad. It was me and the kids (20, 16, and 13) so, for us, no big deal. If you want to be closer to get to things on the BW, you might want to request that "near elevator".

At BLT, there are LV rooms that face the lake on the inner side (odd # rooms) and ones that have a partial MK or partial CR view (even # rooms) on the outer side. If you want to have a chance to see fireworks from your room (either MK or Epcot), you might want to put in a request for an even #'s room.

We were in 8206 (12th floor) and had a great view of the lake to the right but space mountain and the castle to the left. We watched the fireworks right from the balcony.

Have a great time!!

Thanks for all the tips! We've done the resort-hopping thing before, but never from DVC to DVC, so that's new. We'll just go to the park for the day, so we'll probably be fine.

I think we'll just see what we get at BWV, but I really appreciate your insight into BLT. I guess it can't hurt to request an "area."

Thank you!

I'm not at all familiar with those two resort/views so I can't help with room requests. However, I do have a split stay tip if you're going to BWV second. I went to Epcot before checking in to an Epcot resort (I was coming from AKV on the bus) and got a FP for much later in the day. Then I walked on to check in and get settled. Later in the day I was able to go back and use the FP. Remember, there's nothing that says you have to stay in a park between when you get a FP and when you use it.

We did a split stay this year at VB and OKW. We liked both resorts, but did not like the split because we packed and unpacked twice. My tip would be to, if you are able, pack for a stay at one hotel and then pack another bag for the other hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter