• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room request advice - 2BR OV

CaptainAmerica

DIS Veteran
I originally posted this in the Villas & Views thread but it got modded away so I guess I broke a rule.

I'm looking for suggestions on what room request to put in for my trip this winter. We're staying a total of 8 nights, the first 6 on cash and then 2 on points, with the goal of having them do a "continuing stay" so we can stay in the same room for the duration.

Room type is dedicated two bedroom villa, ocean view. My understanding of the resort map tells me I could end up with rooms ending in the following:

Ewa Facing the Pool
50 (closest to lobby)
86 (closet to end cap)

Ewa Facing the Lawn
60 (wing building)
81 (main building)
87 (main building)

Waianae Facing the Pool
02 (closest to end cap)

Waianae Facing Four Seasons

I definitely don't want the Lawn/Four Seasons views, so that rules out 03, 09, 60, 81, and 87. That'll put me on the "inside" of the resort over the Waikolohe Valley. What do people recommend beyond that? Highest possible floor? My gut says to request "room ending in 50, highest possible floor," but I'm absolutely open to suggestions.

Always recommend highest floor. Better views no matter which direction you are facing.

We love overlooking the pool. Very pretty at night with all the lights. I agree requesting a high floor. If you think you will be sitting on the balcony a lot, you can request a room with a long balcony. That way you get one big balcony instead of three smaller ones. We did that a couple years ago, and it put us basically above the Olelo Room/Makahiki. Loved it.

We love overlooking the pool. Very pretty at night with all the lights. I agree requesting a high floor. If you think you will be sitting on the balcony a lot, you can request a room with a long balcony. That way you get one big balcony instead of three smaller ones. We did that a couple years ago, and it put us basically above the Olelo Room/Makahiki. Loved it.
I assumed the long balcony was on all of the dedicated 2-bedrooms rather than the lock-offs... sounds like that's not the case?

I agree with going for a room ending in 50 with a high floor. We usually stay in one bedrooms, but I request the ones right nice door to 50. I think it’s the best view and I believe it has the long balcony.

It's all about a high floor. All that detail on wings, room numbers, etc don't mean a lot if you're on the 5th floor. Ask for the highest floor. That's where you get the biggest bang for your buck, no matter what building.

Our request was not honored....at all. I requested one tower and (knowing me probably even a room number) and we were put in the opposite tower that I requested.

We were on the very, very end of the hallway, away from the elevators. The hallways are incredibly long. If we went again, I would try to request a room maybe half way down or just closer to the elevators. If we would forget something in our room while down at the pool, it took us longer than we liked to hike it all the way back to the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter