ROOM REPORT please on BWV preferred view room?

maepartner

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=deepp
I wish more people would post room report, it makes it so much nicer to have an idea of what youre getting, or hoping to get, Also I noticed that a lot of the room reports that i have seen, dont even mention what the view is (to me the most important thing) Well thanks for any help, Mae :)

Mae, it's a real crapshoot. They say if you call 11 months out, you usually get what you request. We do MOST of the time, not always. They consider a preferred view anything with a water or pool view. The Boardwalk view is very nice and so is the courtyard view. The pool views are nice, if you don't have a tree in your way. We didn't like the waterview of the Swan and Dolphin. We had a room right by the bridge, and in the early morning when the boat went under it blaring it's horn, it was almost like an I love lucy episode. It wasn't too loud, but we had to remember to close the balcony door before we went to bed. We do love the view of the Boardwalk and either the quiet pool or Luna park. It's fun to watch the performers below on the boardwalk or the fireworks at Epcot. We have had some good standard views of the Epcot fireworks and the space shuttle launch.

Thanks Peter, sound like the boardwalk view is right up my alley, but im going in april so i guess ill just get sloppy seconds, LOL.......cant wait to go,first time at bwv.....thanks again :) Mae

Last October we stayed at BWV in room 5001. The view was spectacular. It was the very last room in the boardwalk villas, right above the DVC sales office. The view of the lake was excellent and the view of Illuminations nightly was excellent. Only downside was hike from elevator, but I'd say the room was worth it (and I was 7 months pregnant doing the hike!!).
Good Luck!

hmmmm sounds like my kinda room, Michele, thanks muchly :) 13 days and counting! Mae

Mae,
Sorry I can't remember the room number 3000 something? But when we bought into DVC at the end of April 1999, I made ressies for 4 days in a studio at the end of that May. All that was available was a preferred view studio plus (plus means has a daybed in it I believe). I was with my mom, I thought it was very nice. I slept on the pullout and let her have the bed. When I made the ressie DVC asked if I wanted a Boardwalk view so I said sure. I thought our view was great it was near the boatdocks facing Epcot and overlooking the big grassy area across from the boatdocks. I think we were over the Wyland gallery and general store area. Hope you have a great trip! We won't be down until October and I can't wait!

Very nice report Jon,,,glad you had a wonderful experience,,,wish everyone would post elaborate room reports like yours :)) Thanks Mae (another parent of a redhead)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter