Room rates

moonchild

Earning My Ears
Can anyone give me a gereral idea how much of a discount we are given on the rooms for the wedding?

The rates seem to be different for each hotel, but here are the prices that Disney sent to us for our room block form. Our wedding is June 16 (regular season):

Deluxe Resorts:
Grand Floridian Resort and Spa $250.00
BoardWalk Inn $210.00
Yacht Club Resort $210.00
Beach Club Resort $210.00
Contemporary Resort$180.00
Polynesian Resort$310.00
Wilderness Lodge $215.00
Animal Kingdom Lodge$284.00

Moderate Resorts:
Caribbean Beach Resort$122.00
Port Orleans Resort French Quarter $122.00
Port Orleans Resort Riverside$122.00
Coronado Springs Resort $122.00

Value Resorts:
All-Star Music Resort $84.00
All-Star Sports Resort$84.00
All-Star Movies Resort$84.00

We booked all of our room block at the All Star Movies, so that we could give more people the cheapest option (that way anyone who can or would like to spend more can do it separately or with their own discount.) Hope this helps.

Marne

Thanks Marne! So ours might be even less as we are getting married in value season ( Dec 1, 2003). Where are you having your ceremony?

Nov 5-11, 2002 (value season) for our wedding, we had Contemp @ $160/night (Garden Wing), CSR @ $120/night and ASMu @ $77/night. (But of course those were 02 prices, they might have gone up for 03). We split our room block mostly between CSR and ASMu, but my Mom wanted to stay at CR so we blocked rooms there for her.

HTH,
Lori

I was under the impression that when reserving room blocks there would be no discounted rates for guests. The only discounts would be on the park passes. Are there always discounted room rates when booking a wedding?

Custom weddings are able to reserve room blocks at a discounted rate, though actually the codes that come out are usually a better deal for your guests, if they don't mind checking Mousesavers. The intimate weddings get a discount on park passes, but they don't have room blocks, thus don't get a discount on room rates.
Cheers!
Heather W

Moonchild,
I am also getting married next December 12/3/03. We are going to be at the pavillion. Where are you having yours? Congrats!!! ~Lis

We are on Dec 1st. at the Wedding Pavillion and the reception is in the Sonoma room on top of the Contemporary. Can we share tips with each other. I know Im going to have a million questions throughout the next year.

That sounds fantastic. My e-mail is mysillylisa@attbi.com if you want to chat directly with eachother. My fiance and I are having an imtimate wedding at the pavillion on the 3rd and I think our cake cutting ceremony is going to be at the Grand Floridian. I have not recieved my package from Disney yet so I am not sure if there are other options for the cake cutting ceremony. After the wedding on the 4th we are departing on a 3 day cruise on the Disney Wonder. I would love to chat because I am trying to come up with ideas and having someone to chat with that is also a december bride or groom is always a plus. Talk to you soon! ~Lisa

Thanks for the info! I've been chatting with a Wedding Event Manager and she had never mentioned discounted room rates before, only discounted park tickets, so I'll have to mention it to her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter