Room placement

pamacme

Earning My Ears
I am gong to need a scooter this year. How cooperative is WDW resorts with placing near a bus stop?

All requests are just requests. I suspect many people walking will be requesting near a bus stop as well because of "the added steps". All you can do is put the request in.

You can add a request of "near bus stop." Just keep in mind that if your request means the closest rooms are in a Preferred or other bookable room category, you'll need to have the correct category of room booked. For example if you are booked at ASMusic the closest rooms to the bus stop are in the Calypso section, but these are all "Preferred" category rooms so you will not be placed here if you booked a "Standard" room.

Generally-speaking, HA rooms are placed throughout the resorts, in various buildings and floors and may or may not be "near" transportation, elevators, dining, pools, etc. Don't expect a room-request to override a bookable category.

I wonder if accessible rooms are closer to transportation and check in. 🧐 Literally no idea just throwing the ? out there.

No, as lanejudy indicated, HA rooms are generally scattered through the resorts. I have booked HA rooms with my sister and our room location was always based on the category we booked.

I never requested or booked close to transportation for trips with my sister once she had her mobility device since she had wheels. I might have booked and requested close to lobby, but that was so I would not be too far from her when I ran for drink/food when she didn’t want to go with me.

I am gong to need a scooter this year. How cooperative is WDW resorts with placing near a bus stop?
Looks like your thinking hasn't yet adjusted to your becoming a scooter user. :)

You won't need to worry about distance-from. You'll just hop aboard your scooter and zoom wherever you want to go.

Well, within reason because you need always to be watchful in crowds for people--adults included!--who'll step right in front of your scooter as though you can stop or swerve as swiftly as they can. Thinking of it as driving the scooter may better enable you to go safely. There are definite similarities in how attentive and focused you'll need to be.

Most of all, have fun!

Unfortuantely, many guests at Disney prefer to be closer to bus stops for a myriad of reasons. Not all can be. None are given a high priority than others. Unless preferred room categories are closer to bus stops and you book that category. Then by default you get closer to bus stops. So first, research your bus stops and resort and see if you can book preferred to get closer to bus stops. Maybe you can and that will solve your problems.

Then, if not, as folks have said, with a scooter, distance isn’t an issues. You’ll whip around easily. Ground floor is something you’ll find you’ll prefer over distance. At least I felt that when I needed one following knee replacement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!