Room-only prices?

DocRafiki

<font color=teal>Really is a doc!<br><font color=d
Thanks to the person who linked to the ticket price page.

Now is it possible to book a room separately without tickets? I haven't seen it on the US site and just browsed a bit to see if I could find it in the UK or French areas. Do they allow this?

Yes, I have an annual pass and book room-only. Their booking system seems set up to normally offer room and tickets, so you might have to say that you already have tickets from a previous visit or bought for you as a gift from the Disney Store.

Regards

Rob

I had no luck at all trying to book room-only.

I called 3 different times w/the number they give you to call from the US on the website. They said they sometimes book room only but punched in my numbers on their computer and said it was not being offered for my dates (9/30 - 10/3). When I called back I fibbed and said I already had tickets, they still wouldn't book. Called back and spoke with a different person, told them we were considering annual passes and didn't want to buy tickets and again was turned down.

When I called back a 4th time, I told them were were just going to be there for 2 full days (the truth!) and didn't need 4 days worth of tickets, they STILL wouldn't change the package. Finally I just gave up, now we have 4 day passes for only 2 days. It is costing us $1100.00 US for 3 nights at the Disneyland Hotel! YIKES. More than I wanted to spend but it's not like we go to Paris everyday so we are splurging.

Maybe you can't from the US but can from the UK? I can't figure it out, hopefully you'll have better luck.

I had no luck booking room-only rates. I ended up renting DVC points which included park passes at far less than the $10 going rate and stayed at the Sequoia Lodge. Nice place, but they were pretty clueless about DVC ;).

Why are you looking for room only? I would not suggest touring Paris from DLP, it's a bit of a train ride to the city and the trains stop running around midnight.

It is costing us $1100.00 US for 3 nights at the Disneyland Hotel! YIKES. More than I wanted to spend but it's not like we go to Paris everyday so we are splurging.

Did you look into booking the 3-day/2-night package and then adding on a hotel night at the end of your package? There was a little blurb in the catalog about adding on a night. It was on the page with the off-site hotels, so I don't know if they do that for official Disney hotels.

I wanted to look into buying rooms and tickets separately because their packages don't fit with my schedule. I have to get a minimum of 3 days/2 nights, and I only have time to spend 2 days in the parks. So I was wondering if I could get a 3-day pass that I could maybe use again within the 3-year limit. OR I might have an extra day at the end of my trip to return to DLP (traveling to UK between DLP visits).

What in the world do they do if you are an AP holder and want to book a room? Is is just forbidden?

Doc: I did try to do that too, they just kept punching numbers into the computer, then saying they weren't offering it during the time I would be there. What made me think sometimes they DO do it, just not this time? I'm thinking it has something to do w/being in the US vs. the UK. Maybe they assume we wouldn't be AP holders or already have tickets so they don't offer it? Just a guess....

As much as I love getting discounts, and as much as I hate having to buy tickets that I won't use, if you do the math, that comes to $366 per night for the Disneyland Hotel, which should be of the same claiber as a WDW deluxe - with an awesome location - with breakfast included (not even counting the tickets). If you subtact the cost of the tickets you will use, and the cost of breakfast, it probably won't exceed the cost of many of a WDW Deluxe.

I agree. I think the prices are very good. I was just wondering if I could get better. I'm a super-bargain shopper here.

I was originally under the impression that the Disneyland Hotel would cost me $400-$500 a night. But, my package is only $662 (1 person in room) for 2 nights AND the 3-day hoppers. SO, even if the package were room only, I'm already ahead of what I thought I'd be paying.

3 days in parks in Orlando = $165 at least
leaving <$500 for 2 nights in hotel.
Honestly, if there were a hotel right at the gates of the WDW Magic Kingdom, it would go for way more than $250 a night, I'm sure. And then I haven't figured the cost of the buffet breakfast.

Doc,
I have stayed at this hotel and it was WONDERFUL. I felt like it surpassed any of the Florida hotels just because of location alone. (And yes, I have done the GF.) Have a wonderful time.

:D Okay, you guys have made me feel a lot better! I thought it was quite a bit to spend, but I see your points about location + the breakfast. We spent $199/night for the GF so this was a lot more to me but I'm sure I will love being right outside the gates, etc.

Thanks! :bounce:
Susan

I have stayed at both GF and the Disneyland Hotel. Give me the Disneyland one ANY DAY. It was beautiful, the location can't be beat and I felt like I was in top drawer hotel. (I felt like I was at a Marriott at GF!)

Originally posted by CarolA
I have stayed at both GF and the Disneyland Hotel. Give me the Disneyland one ANY DAY. It was beautiful, the location can't be beat and I felt like I was in top drawer hotel. (I felt like I was at a Marriott at GF!)

I can't wait!!!:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter