Room only payments

JPM4

Mouseketeer
Hi All
I have a room only reservation for end of next month. It is an AP discounted room. Can I call in and make a payment on it? When I’ve done packages in the past it allows to you make payments through MDE but not on this room only.

be prepared for a bit of a wait....I waited nearly an hour yesterday to make a payment. Free dining clogging up the works.

be prepared for a bit of a wait....I waited nearly an hour yesterday to make a payment. Free dining clogging up the works.
Did you actually have to talk with someone to make your payment? I was able to use the automated system to call and make a payment on my reservation back in May.

I just did that last night for my upcoming stay at the Disneyland Hotel (I know, wrong coast) and the CM says, "you know, you don't have to pay this now." I was like, "I know" LOL For some reason with Disneyland you can't make payments through mydisney.

I called on Thursday about the same thing. I was told by the CM I spoke to that Room only reservations do not at this time have an online payment option that you must call. She said she was happy to do that for me as I called for just a general reservation question.

Website should let you

I have never seen where I can pay off the balance of a room only reservation on the website. I'm fairly certain calling is the only way to pay off the room ahead of time.

If you do not pay off the room balance prior to arrival, they will charge your credit card the balance of the room the morning of your arrival day. As to which card (one to make original reservation or the one put on file with online check in) I can't remember. I have had several trips in the past when the wait time on the phone was too long the night before, so I just hang up and let it charge me the morning of. I usually pay with gift cards, so I just go to the front desk with my gift cards and pay when I get to the resort. They just refund the room reservation charge to my credit card.

Back when WDW first added the payment button to their website, they had it for both package and RO reservations. I got to make a RO payment using GCs and it was great, but that only lasted a couple of months. Then the payment button disappeared for both and then about a week later it came back, but only for package reservations.:confused3
We also like to pay in advance and not have our CC charged at all, and we call every time. The one time we did not pay it off early and it charged our CC, the CM had issues reversing it, plus the fact that it took a few days for it to clear my CC. So, I much rather pay it off before check-in day.
But, I've been reading that posters are saying that now they are only charging just the hold amount of $100 and not charging the balance to later. Quote from a poster that visits WDW a lot. "With the new credit authorization system in place they no longer run the room charge prior to arrival. At least they have not on our 2 stays since they changed. They do on day 5, prior to 6 AM on check out day."

Since this is about payments...but a little off topic.

I have been trying to make a final payment for my Sept package on line and it will not process. It is driving me mad!!! Take my money already.

Anyone else having this problem?

Ive been trying to pay off my room only by calling today but gave up after long waits- even the AP number had a 20 minute wait. No option of auto payment- it automatically sends me into waiting for cast member. I wish they would add the ability online.

You don't need to pay the remaining balance until check-in.
I think we all know that! Some of us prefer to pay it off ahead. I use gift cards, and call a few days before my trip to pay the room balance, then I don't have to take those cards with me and it doesn't accidently get charged to my credit card before I arrive. disney has been known to do it early in the morning of check in day before you arrive.

I'm curious. If I got a TA to make my room only reservation, can she add a payment after I make the initial payment?

Ive been trying to pay off my room only by calling today but gave up after long waits- even the AP number had a 20 minute wait. No option of auto payment- it automatically sends me into waiting for cast member. I wish they would add the ability online.

I found that a couple weeks ago as well. For my April trip I was able to pay it off using an automated way but for my September trip nope. I did notice the general line was busier so just called the AP line.

Some resorts\cast members are charging the room balance on the credit card you place on file while doing online check in, very early the morning of arrival. you then find out when you appear at the front desk to pay off balance. They then take your method of payment, and credit the charge card. The bank that issues the credit card can take up to 10 days to clear a charge. In addition there is the $100 hold for incidentals. This is for room only reservations.

If you have a package, your reservation must be paid in full 30 days before arrival. If you do online checkin, the resort\cast members have been putting the $100 hold for incidentals before you arrive.

Then there seems to be different ways Disney is adding extra holds. The problem is that holds can be released by Disney immediately, but it takes banks days for a hold to come off. Meantime, the guest keeps charging to magic bands, more holds by Disney, applied to credit card. Disney drops hold and charges card. Bank still has hold (up to days) and processes actual charge. As long as the hold hasn't been dropped by the bank, it's effecting "available" balance.

We aren't doing online check in this time (something we usually do) to try and avoid anything going against a credit card. Here, is something we are waiting to see, because we did dining reservations (and needed a credit card for the "no show" cancellation fee), if they use that card to place a hold for $100 for incidentials.

We personally don't use our magic bands for charging purposes. We prefer just to handle everything when purchased. That way I can keep up with our spending and make sure we stay in budget (just a personal preference).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter