Room Only or Package?

KSR0330

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to decide on booking room only and buying tickets separately or getting a room/ticket package. Is there any savings to getting a package? Are there any other pro/cons?

Sometimes discount packages require a set number of days worth of tickets. Sometimes there are discounts on rooms only. So it really just depends on the current specials or specials when you will be traveling. Some folks prefer to buy tickets from a discount ticket seller. I'm all about ease so I just get a package deal and then I only have one person to pay and I don't have to link my tickets.

As PP mentioned, it really depends on what specials are available for your timeline. With no discounts, tickets and room only will be the same as the two packaged together. If there is a good room only discount, then some people buy discounted tickets elsewhere(Undercover Tourist, Parksavers) and then link them, giving them a discount on both parts. If there is a good package deal, like free dining, you must get tickets with it, so pay full price for tickets and room, but get dining included. You can price out the regular price online on the WDW site, or look at rack rates for rooms for your season and ticket prices on Mousesavers.com(these include tax) and then you can compare how much you can save based on the deals out now or in the future for when you are planning (Mousesavers will also have current specials posted on their home page and you can sign up for their newsletter and special deals alerts if you like!)

If you aren't interested in a dining plan (even with free dining), you will save the most money by combining a room-only discount with separately purchased tickets from a discount third-party site (like Undercover Tourist). The only drawback to doing this is, you have to buy the tickets outright and there would be no refund on the tickets if you cancel your trip (but you can save those tickets for another trip). You also would not receive the WDW package perks (free mini-golf, coupons, etc.). On the plus side, your deposit is completely refundable up to 5 days prior to check-in, whereas, if you book a package your deposit becomes non-refundable within 30 days of check-in. So, it all depends on when and how you want to lay out your money and which terms and conditions you are most comfortable with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter