Room for Sleeping Bag at POP?

cascadecupcake

Disney Lovin' Michigander
Hi-
I have a question for those of you that have been to a value recently. How big is that space between the beds? Room enough for a nine year old in his sleeping bag? We have two kids that prefer not to sleep together. Just wondering if this will work. We're trying to squeeze in a trip as cheaply as possible. We generally get a mod, but $760 for six nights with dining and one day pass (we already have tickets) is a little hard to pass up! :)

What do you think? Is there room?

The rooms are not large, but you can definitely fit in a sleeping bag.

I wish they'd let me book a room at one of the value for 2 adults and 3 children. I know we'd all fit just fine. I guess it must have something to do with codes (or else the fact that they just want more money!)

Another option would be to ask for a King room and put 2 twin-size airbeds down - that way, you'd have more room by day and also no squabbling about who gets the bed. lol!

Edited to say: That won't work - see posts below! Sorry!!

formernyer said:
I wish they'd let me book a room at one of the value for 2 adults and 3 children. I know we'd all fit just fine. I guess it must have something to do with codes (or else the fact that they just want more money!)

It's the fire codes.

Just to clarify - I had thought of booking the King and using two airbeds for the kids, but I was wondering if they will let you book four people in a king room?

Momof3,
I hadn't even thought of that!! Good point - it's unlikely that would allow it.

momof3 said:
Just to clarify - I had thought of booking the King and using two airbeds for the kids, but I was wondering if they will let you book four people in a king room?

The fire codes will not allow for more than 2 people in a King room.

If you are considering a value resort All Stars will give you MORE floor space than Pop. Although both resorts are 260 square feet

The Pop rooms seem smaller because the bed is closer to the door with a bigger gap being between the bathroom wall and the far bed. At the All Stars this gap is about one foot wide. Giving you more floor space.

http://allearsnet.com/acc/asmv59.jpg
http://allearsnet.com/acc/popcent56.jpg

Also you cannot move the beds at Pop because they are bolted to the floor.
You can move the beds at the All Stars giving you even more usable floor space or you move a bed against the wall keep a little one safe.

The pools at The All Stars are very kid friendly.

When staying at the All Stars you can use any of the All Star pools.That means 3 main pools ,3 quiet pools and 3 kiddie pools to chose from.

The All Star Movie Fantasia pool has Mickey.

The Calypso pool at ASMU has Donald Duck.

And the Surfs up pool at All Star Sports has giant surf boards.

Here are a few pool photos.

astar3.jpg

All Star Sports pool.

asm_pool2.jpg

All Star Music Donald pool.

asmv20.jpg

All Star Movies Mickey Pool.

asmv30.jpg

All Star Movies kiddie pool.

Have fun at Disney!

Thanks for clearing that up Minnie!!! :thumbsup2 I love all the info you have on the All Stars - very helpful! :)

minnie61650 said:
The fire codes will not allow for more than 2 people in a King room.
When we went with our kids and grands, we asked for three rooms together (we had 9 people). I had my granddaughter listed as in my room. When we opened the door and saw a king bed, we didn't know where she was sleeping (her parents were next door with two doubles, but she has a brother, so they needed another bed). Her aunt was next door with two beds, but she too has a boy, so I called down and asked for a rollaway. At first they said no, then I asked them to find three more rooms close together (during the north's winter break). Guess it was easier to give me the rollaway, because they did.

DebIreland said:
Thanks for clearing that up Minnie!!! :thumbsup2 I love all the info you have on the All Stars - very helpful! :)

My Pleasure.
If you want some more on the All Star Resorts please visit my new Thread.
It is about the New family suites at All Star Music but it also has a lot of general info about the All Stars.

Please feel free to post on the thread.

Thanks!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter