Room Decor Package for an Adult

SleepyDeb

Mouseketeer
Has anyone gotten a Room Decor package for an adult? Hubby's BDay is during the cruise. The available ones are Celebrate Today Birthday Package and Disney Cruise Line Comfort Package. The first one looks pretty kid oriented. The latter doesn't look BDay specific. the latter would be good if there's a note or card saying Happy Birthday. Bday is first day of our cruise so we won't even have met our room steward to slip them a card to put in the room.

The Cake and the champagne packages wouldn't work bc he hates cake and isn't big on champagne.

This isn't a biggie. I don't have to get something. But if the Comfort package is nice, I would.

Anybody can book the room decoration packages, it doesn’t have to be for a child. I don’t think that the card that comes with them says anything beyond the passengers name in the state room number. I don’t know that it would be possible for them to add a happy birthday message to that. What you could do is just have a happy birthday card in your carry-on, and give it to him as soon as you get into the room.

I did the sail away package on the Wish last summer. No special reason other than I wanted it. :) No card or anything came with it that I can recall. I like that it had stuff that I can use at home (pillow cases, big towel) and my home office is Disney decorated so the set sail banner hangs in here and the bon voyage one hangs on the inside of our front door. Nice little reminders of a great vacation. :)

We were celebrating our anniversary, so I did indicate that on our reservation and they sang to us and had a special little dessert that night at dinner. It was cute, my husband was embarrassed, so it was perfect. :)

Note - this package did NOT show up in the online store. I had to call in to order it. Depending on when your cruise is, there might be other options for you as well. Never hurts to call and ask.

2022-08-22_14-09-16_081.jpeg
2022-08-22_14-10-07_715.jpeg

When we sailed the Wonder to Alaska in 2016, we had a champagne, chocolates and DCL robe gift package in our room the 1st day and I'm 99% sure there was a card included because my parents had ordered it as a thank you for setting up and organizing their 50th anniversary trip earlier that summer to Aulani for the whole family. I'm sure there was a card because they weren't sailing with us, so without the card I wouldn't have known who it was from. Maybe call and ask? :)

Thank you all. I will call. We‘re also celebrating our anniversary during the cruise, but that’s debarkation day.

My friend's husband bought him one for his 40th, and yes it looks like it was for a kid but he thought it was the best thing ever.

I’d say go with the basic nautical decorations. Then you can add a card yourself when you order a cheese platter or the rice crispy treats. I think they might even have a fruit platter now. But there’s definitely notecards that they type out with your intentions. You could write “Happy Nautical Birthday” on the card. I think it makes a lovely adult birthday decoration.

I did the sail away package on the Wish last summer. No special reason other than I wanted it. :) No card or anything came with it that I can recall. I like that it had stuff that I can use at home (pillow cases, big towel) and my home office is Disney decorated so the set sail banner hangs in here and the bon voyage one hangs on the inside of our front door. Nice little reminders of a great vacation. :)

We were celebrating our anniversary, so I did indicate that on our reservation and they sang to us and had a special little dessert that night at dinner. It was cute, my husband was embarrassed, so it was perfect. :)

Note - this package did NOT show up in the online store. I had to call in to order it. Depending on when your cruise is, there might be other options for you as well. Never hurts to call and ask.

View attachment 765160
View attachment 765161
We're looking at this for our upcoming cruise (on the Fantasy, but it looks like they just change wish to "Cruise Line" from the pictures on DCL's site). Could you tell me what the hanging Bon Voyage banner's made of? Is it just paper or is it a bit thicker or vinyl?

We're looking at this for our upcoming cruise (on the Fantasy, but it looks like they just change wish to "Cruise Line" from the pictures on DCL's site). Could you tell me what the hanging Bon Voyage banner's made of? Is it just paper or is it a bit thicker or vinyl?
It's not paper. Maybe some sort of vinyl, it has a slight texture to it. It has held up well since our cruise - even through a move to a new house. We hang it on the inside of our front door so we can enjoy seeing it. The round part the ribbon attaches to is magnetic - and that part is paper, heavy duty like a super thick cereal box cardboard. It has dowels at the top and bottom so you can roll it up like a scroll almost.

Funny, I ordered my own BD room decor because I'm sailing on the Dream in Sept. and thought it'd be nice even if I'm cruising solo. My TA told me I could always go to the Dollar Store to buy decorations! No matter what, the staff will be great in helping me celebrate :)

It's not paper. Maybe some sort of vinyl, it has a slight texture to it. It has held up well since our cruise - even through a move to a new house. We hang it on the inside of our front door so we can enjoy seeing it. The round part the ribbon attaches to is magnetic - and that part is paper, heavy duty like a super thick cereal box cardboard. It has dowels at the top and bottom so you can roll it up like a scroll almost.
Thanks! We're sold - going to order it.

You get to say what you want on the card. We did the previous version of the birthday package for my son and had put down that it was from Mickey.

View attachment 765160
View attachment 765161
Like the towel , would you consider it high quality ?

If you order room decorations will they put them up or will they just leave a package on the bed for you to do?

If you order room decorations will they put them up or will they just leave a package on the bed for you to do?

They will set everything up as they are getting your stateroom ready on embarkation day. It's a fun surprise to come in when your room is ready and see all the decorations set up. It's like your own surprise party!

Thanks! We're sold - going to order it.

It's a nice quality hanging banner! I ordered it on my last cruise, and it's rolled up in my suitcase to come with me on my next cruise. Although I did move it to be a little more out of the way in the stateroom. Same with the Set Sail banner, I also moved it to be above and behind the couch so I wasn't hitting my head on it all the time.
The towel is nice. A good middle-of-the-road beach towel.
My favorite in that package are the two pillowcases. I love those pillowcases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter